Monday 15 June 2015

Tuesday 16 June - Royal Ascot Day 1

Morning, here's what I think.

230 I'm taking on the pair of hipster bets with Night Of Thunder, he struggled to make good on his promise as a 3yo after winning the Guineas but was very convincing when landing the Lockinge upon return at 4. Solow looked very good in Dubai and will be a big player, but I'm not going to pretend I know enough about Able Friend to pass judgement.

305 A very open looking Coventry, the favourite Round Two has followed a path that his trainer likes to use with winners of this race but I was very taken with the way Buratino won last time out, so much so that I immediately looked for a price for this race. I like the form of Eltezam coming in to the race and wouldn't put anyone having an each way bet on him.

340 The booking of Ryan Moore really jumps off the page for the Australian raider Shamal Wind. He makes great interest given the Aussie record in this race. Group 1 winners Sole Power and G Force offer up the obvious resistance.

420 Gleneagles

500 The Warren Greatrex trained Boite has been in excellent form this year, proving very consistant in both codes and will represent my main fancy for this race. I also cast my eye over two potentially well treated animals at each way value. Broxbourne for Nicky Henderson hasn't been seen on the level for nearly 2 years but recorded a hurdle win and then a 2nd up into listed class in the same code just last month. He's just a lb higher than his last flat win. Big Thunder for Sir Mark Prescott, 3lb lower than his last win and despite failing to record at this grade, this is the lowest weight he has competed off therein. A course win adds to his appeal.

535 You have to respect Ruby Notion, set over by the master of this race Wesley Ward. Steady Pace will make appeal if Buratino does indeed win the Coventry earlier in the day but in a race like this I'm keen to back at bigger prices. I like Sahreej, he wasn't far away on debut and seemingly didn't appreciate the step up to 6 the next time. Won with plenty handy back to 5 and comes here with that race working out well so far. Just Glamorous followed him in that day so makes some appeal at a triple figure price. Opal Tiara also I feel has to be respected, a close second with the rest of the field left, in the Hilary Needler.

No comments:

Post a Comment