Tuesday 10 May 2011

Wednesday 11th May

Howdy, no blog yesterday, busy morning spent culling the rainforest that had emerged aroung the perimeter of my little bungalow. I will endeavour to blog every day but sometimes it's difficult. Very tough to find a NAP,NB etc... today but I think I have done well and I will give a little mention to my selections for Yorks meeting.

NAP : I've gone to Perth 740 for LORD REDSGIRTH, the booking of Jason Maguire is a massive positive, I know it's early days but in the current championship he has a gap over AP McCoy(could we see another Hanaghan style rally round if he's still there in 6 months time?) Last time out over C+D ran well to within 2 lengths of the very impressive looking Sivola de Sivola, however if you scan 10 lengths further back in that race was a horse called Rain Stops Play who franked the form by coming home a game winner at Sedgefield last night. Down slightly in class today should go very well indeed.

NB : MULAQEN 750 Kempton, Going for 3rd time lucky to shake the maiden tag, this horse has some serious form in the book. First time out was 2nd in a very strong race to Elas Diamond, who next time out finished a length to guineas heroine Blue Bunting. 2nd time ran a disapppointing race but the form has held up well with 3 or 4 runners going well up in class. The trainer is going well and the horse looks as though the jump to 1m4 will suit.

TREBLE : AMERICAN LADIE 220 Wincanton. Finally got it right last time after a string of nearly efforts to frustrate favorite backers. It looks as though connections have picked this race to get the horse in a bit of winning form as conditions are very similar to taht of it's last win. Will go off short but worth adding a boost to your stake for the evening double.

YORK
130 : Resurge - positive form against 14 of todays 20 runners and on that basis massively overpriced. With 4 places up for grabs welll worth an each way shout.
200 : Iceblast - Form of last time out has been franked by the 5th going on to win next time and the 7th coming in a game 3rd at windsor monday behind a very good looking sort. Huge chance
230 - Barefoot Lady - Musidora - I can't look past this little lady, both recent runs have suggested that she can go further most recently staying on 5th in the 1000 Guineas. For me only 4 can win out of the 5 here. Joviality still a maiden worries me in this class. I don't know enough about the Irish horse, and Cecils filly is prominent in the oaks betting after a decent win at Sandown but Barefoot has the real talking form and that's where i'm going.
300 - Markab - I made this between 3, Genki, Regal Parade and Markab. My only way of splitting them is that I'm greedy, I like an overprice and I'm going to take the early double figure available.
335 - Hayzoom - Another overpriced runner in an open handicap, positive form against some of the fancies suggests that realistically the price should be halved so I'm going to pop in for an each way steal.
410 - Hamza - Looked hugely impressive when winning it's maiden.2 that he beat that day have gone on to win since. Will be running in high company next year.
445 - Sud Pacifique - Had a bit of a gamble on it already this morning, may just be that the early bird bookmakers got the price slightly wrong when they opened up, but the Ryan Moore factor helps. Tight race.

No comments:

Post a Comment