Tuesday 29 April 2014

Tuesday 29th April

Morning all, a sorry day yesterday. It was Monday, I wasn't expecting the world in truth. So I've 6 bets today, and I'll have a quick look at some of the Punchestown races, because I'm nice like that.

KASHMIRI SUNSET 315 NOTTINGHAM
Bred to go as far as he wants. Done all best work late last twice. Step up in trip therefore a huge positive. Hard to gauge whether his opening handicap mark is too high, too low, just right, we'll find out later.

MEET ME HALFWAY 405 YARMOUTH
Done all her best running on the All Weather, but Yarmouth should be quick enough. Although saying that I'm about an hour away and it's not stopped raining all morning. I think she's the one to beat here.

WICKLOW BRAVE 420 PUNCHESTOWN
Do I think this horse beats Faugheen, don't be daft, however I think it represents each way value. He'll have to run to his best to nick 3rd as the first 2 look pretty much tied in. His last 2 efforts certainly weren't his best and he seemed to throw it in when beaten which probably isn't ideal on a place/each way bet.

SALIENT 430 LINGFIELD
Only Course and Distance winner in the field, won this race off 1lb higher last year. He's run well last twice so should be bang in there today.

BALLYCASEY 640 PUNCHESTOWN
I'm having to give this one another chance after his tumble a week or so ago. He looked to have the race sewn up on that occasion. Trip a worry and interesting that Ruby has jumped onto Djakadam.

KNIGHT CHARM 700 WOLVERHAMPTON
This was the outsider of the 4 early on and has been backed a little. Giving weight away to the younger horses but more experienced. Spatterings of decent form including a couple of placed efforts on the All Weather and this won't take a lot to win.

Good Luck

My picks for Punchestown
340 THE MULL
420 WICKLOW BRAVE (EW)
455 ROCKY WEDNESDAY
530 TWINLIGHT
640 BALLYCASEY

I havent done the bumpers.


No comments:

Post a Comment