Saturday 10 September 2011

Saturday September 10th - Leger Festival Day 4

A fantastic renewal of the Leger, Group racing in England and Ireland, Italian GP qualifying, Footie back after break, England start their rugby world cup campaign. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am a pig in shit on days like today. Yesterday Mr Dettori cost us 400 points by, in my opinion, giving the wrong ride to Opinion Poll, I think the pace of the race was perhaps a little slow, but I feel Frankie should have just sent him on once Motrice came off the bridle, OP wasn't interested by the time the winner came alongside and couldn't quicken to watch (a very impressive) Saddlers Rock go away to win. Take nothing away from the winner, he was very good, and a certain Ascot gold cup winner of the future, but I feel had the pace been quicker and Frankie sent the horse from further back rather than cruising at the front then we'd have landed the big money. Remember I am not a jockey, trainer or even racehorse owner, so my opinion is worth very little, but as a punter and fan I am entitled to it and through the medium of my blog I can air it. Right onto todays selecs, I shall put in a little sentence to guide as I go along but no full write ups today I'm afraid. Busy day ahead.

DONCASTER

205 ENTIFAADHA big rival Red Duke had no luck in running last time but I think this one is progresive enough to win here.
235 ANCIENT CROSS 4TH/ SECRET WITNESS the former is my idea of the winner, he puts in a huge run every third run, and this is the third run since last win.
310 BLUE BUNTING / BROWN PANTHER 2ND I feel if BB gets in front, she wins. Micheal Owens charge BP has been prepared for this race from the start, i think, and will run a huge one at a massive overprice.
345 ETON FOREVER 2ND
415 THE CHEKA
450 ANJAZ WINNER 7/2 2yo Street Cry Filly, see 300 yesterday.
525 WALDVOGEL Consistent sort and interesting jockey booking.

CURRAGH

240 AN GHALANTA 3RD/ BORN TO SEA WINNER 5/2 The former has the beating of the other main rivals but any support for the unraced half brother of Sea The Stars will be a huge clue.
315 POWER (NAP) WINNER 11/4 Sent off too early in the Phoenix, hopefully will come from further back today as usual and regain momentum in the path to Guineas glory.
350 FAME AND GLORY Jamie Spencer back on board today, 3 from 3. Should be a formality.
425 PARAMOUNT / SPARRING PARTNER
455 BENEFIT OF PORTER

GOODWOOD

145 JUSTINEO
220 CEILIDH HOUSE / NATIONALISM Fave French Navy is a cracking horse and worthy fave, but can't take at the price with jockey.
250 DESEERT POPPY WINNER 12/1
325 SPACE STATION /TRUISM / NORSE BALLAD
435 ROBIN HOODS BAY NR
540 SHAVANSKY / ROAYN NR

CHESTER

330 BERLING
410 SIGNIFER / MAHKANA
445 LUCKY DAN / RIDLEY DIDLEY NR
515 JUNGLE BAY / DRIVE HOME

 BATH

355 MAZE WINNER 6/1

KEMPTON

520 MY LOVE FAJER
625 SURWAKI
655 LITOTES
855 KAKAPUKA WINNER 25/1/ REZWAAN

MULTIPLES
1pt Lucky 15 : Entifaadha, Blue Bunting, Eton Forever, Anjaz
1pt Lucky 15 : An Gahalnta, Power, Berling, Justineo
0.5pt E/w L15 : Ancient Cross, Waldvogel, Desert Poppy, Paramount

Total Placed 100pts Total Returns 102.65pts

The £5 football treble is back
Corals will pay me 26.65 if Cardiff, Shrewsbury and Southampton all win today. WINNER

Hope everybody has been catching my Rugby tips on Twitter, as we are 100% at the moment
New Zealand / Tonga : 10pts Tonga Hcap (+60) +9.1 pts
Scotland / Romania : no bet
Fiji / Namibia : 4.91pts V. Gonava 1st Try 6/1 +29.46pts
France / Japan : 10pts Japan Hcap (+42) +9.1pts
England / Argentina : 15pts England Hcap (-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment