Friday 7 October 2011

Friday 7th October - Wolverhampton and York with a squeak of Dundalk

Sorry NH fans, I just can't seem to get into it yet, I like 'em, back 'em, they lose, I like 'em, don't back 'em, they win. Thus far I shall allow the season to kick in before I start putting down any money, although the car at Chepstow will probably test my willpower tomorrow. All bets are 1pt win or 0.5pt E/w if adv. I have had a little play at the placepots and I will tell you how I've staked but due to the nature of placepots they are more for entertainment/interest and shall not be included in profit or strike rate stats.

YORK


200 - JESSIES SPIRIT (E/w) 4th 16/1 / PASSIONADA
JS is pretty unexposed and dropped 3lb after a big field nursery where she found a lot of trouble. Well worth an Each way play today if she gets a run, Passionada interests me as the champ turns up here purely to ride her before heading off to Wolverhampton for the evening. She was only beaten a head by a long odds on shot on debut before heading home herself next time, despite hanging in the final furlong. Hanaghan should keep her straight and she looks game enough to land an event like this.

230 - no bet but 3 pp selections
Jet Away winner- Good second last time out at big weight after long break, signs of more to come.
Dangerous Midge - blinkers back on today back hasn't shown best foot since landing Breeders Cup prize, if he finds that form he wins at a canter
Treasury Devil - Not seen for about 5 months since coming 3rd in higher class race, top yard won't have placed him here for nothing.

305 - ARABIAN SPIRIT (E/w)
Not won this year but well treated for that and showed signs of coming back to best when 4th last time out. Has solid Each way claims in what looks a very open contest.

340 - PEARL SECRET (E/w) WINNER 9/2 / LISIERE
PS is one I've put up before without him running, booking of Jamie Spencer speaks volumes of his chances and on prospective a double figure price is too big. Lisiere looked like she needed the run when a long way behind Kevin Ryan's Peashooter on debut. She probably deserves to be favourite on known form and has every chance to land the spoils. The other 2 newcomers in the race will provide interest and Byronic Hero looks to have a sniff back on firmer ground.

415 - SPES NOSTRA (E/w)
Well drawn, showed promise at the trip last time, despite slow race and finding plenty of problems, when finishing a close 4th. This looks a tougher ask but without the trouble he may have won and found himself with a few more pounds for this. Massive E/w claims in another open race.

450 - SCRUPUL (E/w) 2ND 9/1 / LINKABLE
Luca Cumani's record with 2yo's puts me off Scrupul a little but at a big price he is worth a crack. Stepped up in trip which should suit on breeding, just has to take to the racecourse at second attempt as something looked wrong on debut, Linkable is dropped in grade here after a promising debut effort.

520 - TRIP THE LIGHT (E/w) WINNER 9/1
I'll tell you the truth, I narrowed this down to 10 of 14, then just thought it's an apprentice handicap, I looked at adjusted ratings and C&D form and this one ticked the boxes so I stuck it in, in seriousness though he has each way claims at a big price.

WOLVERHAMPTON


540 - TIABLO NR / YEOMAN OF THE GUARD
Initially I had just picked Tiablo, ran on well here on debut despite being off the bridle very early, he was kept up to the job and finished a never nearer 4th, he is entitled to come on with the step on in trip and worth a play. I cannot however ignore Yeoman of the Guard, it appears that Mr Hanagan is sidestepping the entire York card to ensure he is here for this ride. There is some all weather form to be found down his bloodline but that barely goes over a 10-15% SR, has had stalls problems and that needs to be rectified here also. The 13/8 with Coral is backable but I'd imagine this will shorten dramatically in price and I'd suggest taking your money back as soon as he hits around 11/10-even money just in case.

610 - PATHFINDER (E/w)
This could be a sneaky one really, bare form suggests that he is out of his depth, but you have to look a lot closer with the 2yo's and his AW debut was very promising, never really got going in a large field race on turf hence the 0, sent back here after a decnet break and worth a little E/w play, although the number of non runners has slightly diminished my belief, I'm sticking to my guns.

640 - GLOBAL VILLAGE (Nb) WINNER 6/4
Ran on well for pressure on return to racecourse after a break, should come on for that and jockey booking is  a positive as SDS will be looking for winners to compensate upcoming ban.

715 - SUPERCHARGED (NAP)
Best bet of the day for me. She is well drawn, unexposed and despite the fact that she has only won once, that success was here at Wolverhampton.

745 - I had cotton king, which is now non runner, I have put in unnamed fav on placepot, which looks most likely to be P.Hanagan's mount Lemon Drop Red.

815 - MEANWHILE (E/w)
One of only two course winners in the field, has not been disgraced by bare form turf figures and is well in at the weights now given another go on the polytrack.

915 - HILL TRIBE (E/w)
She let me down last Saturday when she was my NAP, but I am going in again, there isn't a huge amount to worry me here and I think she can bounce back from her last run to continue her improvement today.

DUNDALK


830 - MOUNT ABORA
Won here last Friday and she is taken to follow up despite the 7lb raise.

TOTAL PLACED 17PTS TOTAL RETURN 17.5PTS
PROFIT OCTOBER -115.75pts
SR TODAY = 17%
SR OCTOBER = 11%

Placepot stakes
York 24x0.5pt lines = 12pts
Wolves 2x2.5pt lines = 5pts

FOOTBALL
a little treble for tonight
ROMANIA
GERMANY
WALES

Rugby for the morning
England and Ireland to win
Eng/Fra under 37ps, Ire/Wal over 39pts

F1
Fastest Qualifier
Jensen Button has to be an E/w with Blue Sq offering a standout 14/1 with 3 places, he can be found 6/1 2 places elsewhere.
Race winner
Japan often sees one sneak in from down the field and I'd be happy backing both Mercedes cars (Rosberg/Schumacher) E/w at 100/1 3 places found at Blue Sq, BetFred and Stan James

Good luck and Happy Punting

No comments:

Post a Comment