Sunday 2 October 2011

Sunday 2nd October - It's Arc day!

After an inspiring start yesterday, we fizzled out a little. I'm pleased to say that any twitter followers who got involved in my rugby tips i posted last night have seen 2/3 go in this morning. Canada let us down by 6 points, I'd say the converted NZ try in the 80th minute may well have caused a problem there!!! Hopefully the Irsih can come through. It's currently half time with the Emerald 9-6 to the good.
It's Arc day and I'm only betting on the Abbaye and the Arc itself, there are some eyecatchers in the other races but nothing really convincing when you weigh up value.
In the Arc I'm taking 2 at each way value. (will be counted as 1pt wins for blog stat purposes.)
The first is Andre Fabre's MEANDRE, he will like the truer ground and has a terrific turn of foot, he won the Grand Prix de Paris here in July(i think, my notes aren't in front of me!) Maxime Guyon takes the ride, and connections have spent a few quid supplementing him for this race, He is overpriced at anything in double figures for me.
Secondly is TREASURE BEACH. In my opinion he is the most underated horse out there. You have to remember that only 2 horses have beaten Nathaniel on a racecourse, the other is seen as a global superstar despite the fact that TB beat him over a more suitable trip. Strange. All eyes will be on So You Think and if anything would be used as a pacemaker it would be St Nicholas in my eyes, Treasure Beach is here on merit, and will be at the front early. At prices of 28/33 out there, he is a back to lay dream and huge each way value.

The Abbaye I have to side with Robert Cowell's PROHIBIT. For me he is the most consistent sprinter this year. I like front running types Masamah and Tangerine Trees winner 14/1 but as far as I'm aware they are drawn badly? someone correct me on that if I'm wrong and I'll have a bet. I'm not 100% up on draws as yet. Margot Did, in my opinion, isn't a Group 1 horse. I know she won the Nunthorpe, but a lot of things went her way that day and this will be a lot harder. Wizz kid, in my opinion, needs mud underfoot. So that leaves Prohibit to come with his customary late run and swoop another big prize for connections.

NAP FOREVER WAINING 215 Uttoxeter  10pts unplaced (2nd of 4)

Nb GEM MILL 435 Uttoxeter 5pts 2nd
2pt Double on the pair.
Both have been very consistent in defeat and look like a win is not far off, the former is taken as Nap due to a very considerable pull in weights against a key rival.

1pt selections
KELSO

325 ITZACLICHE nr
530 GUNS AND BUTTER

HUNTINGDON

450 DARK ENERGY 2nd

UTTOXETER

510 DIDDLEY DEE 2nd

Total Placed 24pts Total returns 1pt

Tonights NFL bet

Acca on Hcaps
Seattle +4.5
Minnesota -3
Baltimore -3.5
Washington -3

No comments:

Post a Comment