Friday 11 May 2012

Friday 11th May -

Praise the lord, it's the final day of Chester. To be fair I need this weather to sort itself out because I'm struggling to find the winners. Early signs today look promising, especially where I am, there is a big yellow ball in the sky, and it's tranversing some warmth through my living room window. I have a fair few selections today so I will keep it short for each one, I also have an E/W Double and a win Lucky 15 for you guys today. Had a bit of a result checking through my open bets this morning, I had Ricky Lambert as top Championship goalscorer at 20/1 in a lucky 15, nothing with him mind, but that will come in handy after the weekend, plus prospectively another with Man City/Charlton at 7/2, 8/1. That will just about cover the money I have laid Man City for on Betfair, ha ha.
In the Golf we've had a promising start fom David Toms, the rest have been poor, Dufner maybe could get himself back in with a decent Friday or Saturday. Right I'll get on. I'll bold type the multi selections.

ASCOT

525 SOMEONE'S DARLING
Didn't make experience count when sent off favourite last time out, but was hampered towards the finish so bare result looks worse than actual. The Tissue of 12/1 and I think I saw on exchanges for about 11.5, is too big about a horse that was sent off 2/1 Favourite last time out. The 2nd and 3rd have both run well since.

600 GRAPHIC GUEST
I put this one up for her maiden, she ran very encouragingly in 3rd, the 2nd came out and won at Chester yesterday, the winner was well fancied to follow up but went wrong. This looks a solid opening to break her duck and move onto better things.

710 SPYKES BAY
First attempt on turf, and looks on a pretty decent mark, form of maiden win has worked out okay, huge step up in class last time didn't work out but hasn't been mistreated on the back of that, If he handles conditions he could well be a big player here.

745 SULIS MINERVA
Arguably has it to prove on the soft ground, but sire stats aren't discouraging, in fact about 33% on bottomless ground! Jeremy Gask has his running well at present and this one is one of his better ones. This is a tricky open race but I'm happy with 100/30 about this consistent performer.

820 CHILLI GREEN
This one has arguably the best chance of the win here, he has never won on turf, and this is his first try at the trip, but sometimes we have to take a gamble, right? I probably wouldn't take a price here as I'd estimate there being more layers than backers, but given what he's up against that could work in our favour.

CHESTER

135 DUBAI DYNAMO
This one has been running very well without truly troubling the judge, he's drawn well here and will relish the trip over this ground, trainer is in decent nick at present, he ticks all the boxes really. I'm backing this one to upset the Dr Koukash party in this race.

205 ASTROLOGY
Here is one who has made it onto my blog on a couple of occasions, and given that his official rating is identical to Bonfire, and they carry identical weights, at 7/2 versus 5/6 is essentially value. Both at the top are having their first runs of the season, so could well both be trumped especially trying a new distance, so on that basis I wouldn't fancy backing odds on, and therefore Astrology is my pick.

235 BROWN PANTHER
The Panther was a favourite of mine last term, and I'm hoping he will be again this, he has a tough test here with Memphis Tennessee especially round this tight track, but he has won here and the ground will give him the edge. I'm very tempted to have a pound on Calico Cat, his sire Tiger Hill has a better progeny strikerate on soft than any other ground, he is half brother to the very good Ibn Khaldun, plus Memory Cloth and current Godolphin horse My Destination. Shouldn't be 250/1, but with only 4 runners I'd assume connections will take a nice bit of the prizemoney here for the run.

305 DAM BEAUTIFUL
This Sleeping Indian filly comes here under a small penalty for a pretty solid win last time out, trip and surface should be fine probably the only worry is the jockey if it comes down to a straight shootout between her and Ballesteros.

340 ORPSIE BOY
If it wasn't for the potential of the Ruth Carr double, this race wouldn't have even been on the blog today. Under a penalty for a Thirsk win and softer ground the slight issues, but one of my favourite orses at this level and a huge chance to follow up.

415 DIAMONDS IN HER EYES
I couldn't let the meeting go by without tipping one for the doctor, she attracted support in the betting on debut suggesting they think a little of her, she was slow from the stalls but stayed on well, doing her best work late one. She certainly looks one to take forward, hopefully she can do it here.

LINGFIELD

215 OPT OUT
455 OFFICER IN COMMAND

MARKET RASEN

255 PREMIER SAGAS


NOTTINGHAM

610 ISHI HONEST
755 YANABEEAA (Majestic South one to watch)

CORK

510 HIGH HILL BEAUTY
540 GORDON LORD BYRON
750 DEMURLEY

DOWNPATRICK

625 THE GNATHOLOGIST
725 FLAMENCO PRINCE

CHANTILLY

220 SOFAST

E/W DOUBLE
PREMIER SAGAS + SOMEONE'S DARLING

LUCKY 15
ASTROLOGY, CHILLI GREEN, GORDON LORD BYRON, GRAPHIC GUEST

ALERTS


LIGHT FROM MARS 135 CHE
ARCH OF COLOURS 145 LIN
SCALES 155 MR
LUCKY LANDING 255 MR
PERIPHERY 350 LIN
ROI DE GARDE 400 MR
LADY LOCH 415 CHE
WILD WEST 435 MR
LUGGERS HALL 445 CHE
WHISKEY JUNCTION 535 NOT
SANDWITH 605 HAM
CEREJEIRA 605 HAM
WARFARE 635 ASC
MOYAS CHARM 655 DP
PERFECT STEP 710 ASC
TIDENTIME 710 ASC
KING ZEAL 830 NOT

Good Luck and Happy Punting.

1 comment:

  1. To many nice horses to place my bet on. I sometimes have a hard time choosing a horse to place my bet on since there are so many nice horses to choose from...

    racing tips

    ReplyDelete