Tuesday 8 May 2012

Tuesday 8th May - Back to Basics

Morning all, I'm going to be honest, this multiple tipping lark is beginning to grate on me. I'm going to look at class 3+ and 2/3 year old races only + any alerts I get each day. Hopefully this can improve the quality of the tips, and free up some time for me to keep the blog informative and up to date. Yesterday I was kept financially floating by my TEAMNAP selection, TEAMNAPS is a daily tipping competition run through Twitter by @glennphil2010, results and leaderboard etc.. can be found on his blog www.gstarfrankels.blogspot.com

I'll get started then.

CATTERICK

610 Just the one selection for me at Catterick. LUCY BEE, by Haafhd, she is related to a few winners and gets saddled by the very good Keith Dalgleish. Nothing much has happened to suggest the ones with a run are of a standard, and the selection makes the most appeal to me of the newcomers, I'd rate the danger another newcomer Pixilated, but that one could well make an impression on the All Weather, going by the results of his relatives.

EXETER

655 My TEAMNAP selection is BUCK MAGIC, This one has seen substantial support in the market overnight. This gelding could turn out to be a very smart hurdler, winning 2 novice events before 2 very good runs at this level. He comfortably has the beating of a couple of todays rivals on formlines and should go well. Nick Schofield gets the ride and , in my opinion, he is an intelligent jockey, one who's done me well in the past. I like this one a lot.

825 I have 2 alerts for this race, they happen to be FAV and 2FAV, both will relish the test, and provided they both go off odds-against I will be dutching ATLANTIC ROLLER and SEEBRIGHT.

FAKENHAM

330 KILMACOWEN put in a very decent effort in a top class race at Aintree and this represents a significant drop in class, his consistency around this level gave him every right to contest that better event. His previous run he comfortably dispatched of Grand National fancy Shakalakaboomboom. The ATR tissue says Evens and I think on what he has achieved, that is a decent price, I expect him to be short so just grab as close to Evens as you can get.

400 in my opinion this is a 2-horse race between chasing debutants Same Difference and DEIREADH RE, the selection is from the Nicholls yard and Harry Derham takes off a very handy 7lb. Again the price will be short but as long as not odds on it's a bet. The danger is ridden by Sam Twiston Davies who can win or lose you races with his style. He likes to jump the field and run them into the ground whilst throwing his horse at the fences. When it works he is brilliant, but he can take some pretty heavy falls.

PUNCHESTOWN

450 TO THE SKY is an alert horse, he has put in some decent efforts behind decent horses, and this looks a decent opening to get off the mark.

520 WHISPERING HILLS also appears on my Alerts, A decent second in a similar event 2 starts ago, and like that day he has a smart Mullins horse to beat, that serves to get you a slightly inflated price as he is against a sexy-yard, so he is the value if he leaves his poor bumper effort last time behind him, blinkers have been removed.

550 CRASH is my NAP of the day, I think he is my massively overpriced,  Crash has been fancied for top class events, an error put him wrong last time out and the distance between winner and himself is flattering. This looks a nice opening for him in handicap company, obviously there is a big prize on offer so he has some smart types to beat, but is more than capable on his best form.

650 PEAK RAIDER is an Alert horse, he is a strong traveller and that suits with his jockey Paul Carberry, could go wrong if both horse and jockey showboat, but if they get it right he should be in the frame, disappointing run last time out has inflated the price so he is value.

720 I like SUMKINDASUPRSTAR, he is a progressive type and comfortably has the beating of the morning favourite on their last effort, he should stick to the task and put in a big run, at 9/1 he is almost an Each way bet. He has won here, and the trip should be fine. He is another who gets a bigger price as not from a big name yard.

SOUTHWELL

215 David Brown chucked out a very smart looking 2yo on Sunday, and this ACE PEARL could well be another, even if he isn't I'd suggest he is probably smart enough to win this. Only slight issue is that he has already been gelded.

315 In a 2 horse race I'm siding with Godolphins TAJRIBA, I just think that SDS will ride the track better than Buick, and SBS has a very good recond when sending horses to this course.

345 Buick can get a winner here though, imo LEGAL LEGACY has a big chance, form not the best, but jockey booking encouraging and he is in my alerts so I must have seen something somewhere down the road. Elhamri a danger.

415 PETER ANDERS has the form and connections in the book if taking to fibresand, who knows what the Ellisom horse will do. at the moment they share favouritism and the market should tell us later on.

515 It wouldn't be a Southwell blog without BONNIE PRINCE BLUE appearing, a smart hold up horse that if timed right can really make an impression at the finish. No penalty for last time out 2nd, and the market suggests only one to beat, again from the Ellison yard so any narrowing in the gap will be encouraging.

Good Luck and Happy Punting.


No comments:

Post a Comment