Wednesday 9 May 2012

Wednesday 9th May -

Morning, a crackingly open card at Chester, I really can't go into too much detail because the card is so open I could make a case for most. I have a couple of bets on the outside cards, I'll just list these today if you'll humour me that. I'm going to bold type my 4 selections for a lucky 15, you can do it win or each way, entirely up to you. I'll say each way as 3/4 are over 5/1.

CHESTER

135 MANOR HOUSE STABLES LILY AGNES CONDITIONS STAKES

The sponsors declared 5 runners in this initially, but that is down to 3 now, and I think their best chance is Wayne and Colleen's Pippy. He's well bred but newcomers from this yard have needed a run so far this term, Just Past Andover won very nicely last time out, but he's already had 4 runs and that looked a pretty weak event. I'm siding with THARAWAL LADY, form of her comfortable win on soft at Beverley last time is beginning to work out okay, I have a lot of time for the jockey, Tom Eaves, she has the plum draw and gets weight all round.

205 WETHERBYS BANK CHESHIRE OAKS

Aidan O'Brien won this last year, and this year sends over the well respected BetterBetterBetter, AOB has a 50% strike rate with his raiders this season and this one will be a huge player, but there is something unnerving about Dundalk maiden winners picking up Black type! Absolute Crackers is another Irish raider who makes appeal, broke her maiden on the 5th attempt, after consecutively bumping into one too good, including 2 starts ago 1000 Guineas winner Homecoming Queen. I'm going with ZAINA here, unexposed and certainly looks every inch that the trip will suit, she had 2 staying-on seconds over a mile, before stepping up to 1m2f and running away nicely. The form of that race is certainly working out with the 2nd,4th,5th and 8th all winning next time out. Dane O'Neill takes the reigns.

235 STANJAMES.COM CHESTER CUP

A pretty open renewal, last years comfortable winner Overturn returns and will no doubt again attempt to make all, he is drawn slightly wider than ideal but I'm not sure they'll worry too much about that. I'm going with Cesarewich hero NEVER CAN TELL as a win bet and the consistent stayer DAZINSKY as a Place bet. Both are well drawn and have the ability to go well. Gulf of Naples has to be respected under a penalty, and Henry Cecil's Ajaan on best form could go close, well drawn.

305 STELLAR GROUP HANDICAP

9 of the last 10 winners of this have come from the bottom 6 stalls, Front runners do well, and any movers around the middle of the market should be duly noted. I've gone with one who could well spring this. STAR ROVER, he is drawn 6, he has been struggling to get home recently over 6f-7f, he has been a winner over 5f and is currently 1lb lower than his last win. He'll handle soft ground and look to be prominent. currently 14/1-16/1 but was 20/1+ overnight so has seen some support, it wasn't my 25p that moved it I'm sure. :-)

340 GL EVENTS OWEN BROWN MAIDEN STAKES

Again the O'Brien raider Father of Science merits respect, a half brother to the very good High Chapparal. I'm looking closer to home for the winner though and siding with STAR DATE. Full brother to the smart Quest for Peace, he met a pretty smart colt last time out, and form from that has been franked, he has plenty to give by the look of it and again Dane O'Neill rides.

415 IRISH THOROUGHBRED MARKETING CONDITIONS STAKES

I make this between the well drawn front running pair of Addictive Dream and NOBLE STORM, it will essentially come down to who handles the soft ground better and I've gone for the selection because i think he will, and I believe him to be better value, AD is too short and seemed a little overraced, in my opinion, towards the end of his dubai campaign.

445 MERSEYRAIL DAY SAVER TICKET HANDICAP

I very much like Rosslyn Castle, he is a horse I've followed, he's only had 2 runs I know, but he ran very well on debut before hosing up next time out, he will be a huge player, but I'm siding with the local hope here, one I've been waiting to see run again THIRD HALF, form of his runs have had numerous boosts over the winter campaign and his half brother Brown Panther won this last year on his way to bigger and better things.

FFOS LAS

740 MAVALENTA

KEMPTON

550 TITUS BOLT
730 ALWAYS ENDS WELL
800 SAFARI SUNSEEKER
900 MAYO LAD (did you know this one was half brother to Canford Cliffs, I didn't until today!)

PUNCHESTOWN

540 SEE DOUBLE YOU (NAP)
640 MISS PEPPERPOT

SOUTHWELL

505 SWEETNESSANDLIGHT


Good Luck and Happy Punting


GOLF
THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP

My bets
J. DUFNER 40/1
D. TOMS 80/1
K J CHOI 100/1
J B HOLMES 100/1

No footy bets until Saturday by the look of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment