Wednesday 16 May 2012

Wednesday 16th May -

I'll start today with the races i've rated, also something I've been trying is cfc/ctc on the rated races, yesterday I picked up 2 forecasts and almost landed a tricast, 1st, 2nd and 4th. Then I've obviously had a bet at York, so I'll run down my thinking behind those selections, also some nice races at Naas tonight so I've picked some out of there. My readership has gone down since I stopped tipping every race, I don't think it's something I'll go back to because it takes too much of my time, but if there is anything you would like to see on this blog then let me know.
As I said I'll start with the rated races. Bold type are the selections for the lucky, numbers in brackets after selection are cfc/ctc picks and i guess essentially dangers. These are all done on numerical ratings and there is every chance something may improve beyond known form and find their way in to mess me up. :-)

BATH

540 MISS BOOTYLISHES (1/6/4)
810 MISERERE MEI (8/3/9)
840 MAYDREAM (NAP) (7/4/6)

FONTWELL

210 LAJIDAAL (1/3/4)
345 MANJAM (9/3/6)
420 DELGANY GUNNER (7/4/10)
455 THE CLYDA ROVER (5/3/2)

LINGFIELD

430 IDOL DEPUTY (5/8/12)
535 BROUGHTONS BANDIT (3/1/10)

NAAS

620 ROYAL VISIT (2/10/9)

PERTH

700 THE HOLLINWELL (1/7/9)
800 KARINGA QUEEN (5/4/6)
900 EASEMENT (NB) (2/1/10)

Then my YORK bets.

130 LABARINTO
Some decent efforts last year, peaking with a win in a similar event over the trip at the "glorious" Goodwood meeting. Potentially his final run of the year was one too many, either that or wasn't ready after a couple months off, same really his first run this year will most likely have been needed, over what was an unsuitable trip. Back up in distance here, Jockey and Trainer both have good records here.

200 YORK GLORY / INSTANCE
I almost spat my coffee out when I saw that my top rated horse for this race was called York Glory, very consistent last year, won on only visit to this racecourse. I feel this meeting will get people sitting up and taking notice of the Makin/Ryan partnership as they will have a big year in the big meetings. The other selection from the other end of the stalls, always a decent idea to go for one from each end, is Instance. This one will go well fresh, he will stay on at the finish, especially if they go a solid clip up front. Won 3/5 starts, 2/3 at the trip, both defeats have come when turned out within a fortnight.

230 THE FUGUE
This represents value versus the favourite Twirl, I'm sure she has ability Twirl, and comes from a yard that you always have to respect, but her form just hasn't been working out, bar Homecoming Queen, nothing really has stood out from her races to date. Whereas The Fugue ran an eyecatching never-nearer 4th in the Guineas suggesting to the world that she wanted further. I don't think anything else will challenge for the win here.

300 SIRIUS PROSPECT
This one has more to give than what we have seen so far, should have some pace to chase today, I fully expect him to at least make the frame so I'd urge you to snap up the double figure odds while they are about, I was flabbergasted to see him at 16/1 this morning, that has now gone due to a non runner, so I'll have a deduction on my bet. He's 4/7 at the trip, 1/1 here at York and 3/6 under todays jockey. If it wasn't for 2 below par runs this season he'd be going off about 9/2 today. First run was needed, second run wasn't run to suit. I thought the French raider Restiadargent was an interesting danger and not without a chance.

410 LAST CHANCE LUCAS
Shock 100/1 winner last time and I think odds today suggest that to have been a fluke, sure he has to improve to win this, but so does everything else. Clearly he's the value of the race, and in my opinion only needs to come on as much as anything else to make the frame again, sadly not at 100/1 though.

445 WARFARE / BACCARAT
A choice of 2 northern giants here, Ryan/Makin or Fahey/Hanaghan, and both have more to give than we've already seen, which has been impressive, both are drawn over the same side. Warfare comes here with a penalty after a decent Ascot win last week, he should progress far beyond that penalty. Baccarat comes fresh and that is the only worry for me.

NAAS

550 DAWN APPROACH
This one is highly thought of by connections, and won nicely on debut, form which was franked by 2nd, 3rd and 4th all winning next time out. Dangers Canary Row was 2nd on debut behind but has benefit of one extra run, Parliament Square is an unraced Acclamation colt from the powerful O'Brien yard, and Tennessee Wildcat won nicely on debut putting away a decent sort who went off 1/3 fav next time out. So a great race for juvenile enthusiasts to enjoy, no doubt the market will offer up some clues but I'm going with the likely favourite from the first crop of New Approach.

720 PRINCESS HIGHWAY
There was a lot to like about this daughter of Street Cry's victory last time out, beating a well regarded O'Brien filly in the process. She has a ribblesdale entry for Royal Ascot so connections think a lot of her, and it she comes on from that first run of the year then she could be very good this year.

 Good Luck and Happy Punting

GOLF
BYRON NELSON CLASSIC
My main two picks are
K. BRADLEY 18/1
R. GARRIGUS 75/1

Plus i've taken guidance for small each way bets for
B. ADAMS 100/1 (Sporting, Coral)
J.J. HENRY 150/1
B. JOBE 150/1
A. ATWAL 150/1 (Stan James)
M. JONES 150/1
These aren't my tips or selections I am following advice taken from the PGA tour website.

No comments:

Post a Comment