Sunday 6 May 2012

Sunday 6th May - The 1000 Guineas

Well the colts served up a treat, now it's the turn of the fillies. I say a treat, it was an okay race, the one i'd take from the race would be Coupe De Ville who came home second of the far side group in 5th. Camelot just oozed winning, the trip didn't suit, the ground didn't suit, but Joseph timed his run perfectly and he showed his true credentials. He's no Frankel, but it will be the last time he races over a trip this short, so it was a good run.
Todays card at HQ is very open. I've had a look and I'll give you a brief insight into where my money is going and why. I shall be there today, if you want to come and say hello I'm 6'4", with jet black hair, tied in a ponytail, and either myself or my female companion will be pushing a pram. P.S mines an Adnams, cheers. lol.

NEWMARKET

205 QIPCO SUPPORTS BRITISH RACING HANDICAP

I'm just putting up one in the opener as an each way bet provided it stays in double figures. Sylvester Kirk's CHARLES CAMOIN. SK has his string in fine fettle at present and often pops up with one or two decent price winners at these big meetings. There may be one or two unexposed here but this chap is progressing, the only blip being last years King George V, where the ultra-impressive Brown Panther put the field to the sword. He's won from Sotf to Gd-Frm so whatever the ground does shouldn't cause an issue.

235 QATAR BLOODSTOCK DAHLIA STAKES (Group 3)

TIMEPIECE is the proven class in the race, last year I said I didn't think she was a Group 1 horse and she went and won 1 and shd 2nd another, so proved me wrong. She's won here, she's won on GS, she will handle the trip, and has to have a huge chance getting weight from the younger Gosden filly, who I make the danger.

315 QIPCO 1000 GUINEAS STAKES (Group 1)

Like yesterday Aidan O'Brien has a very strong favourite here. Maybe done absolutely nothing wrong last year. I wouldn't be a layer either, but for my pennies her price just doesn't appeal, Maybe-Timepiece double perhaps a little more. I'm having a go at an upset with the Godolphin filly LYRIC OF LIGHT. I feel she has much more to give this year and is only officially rated 4lb lower than Maybe with 2 fewer runs. Both horses are Group 1 winners, but LOL came here over this trip whereas Maybe was at home over 7. These are my reasonings for this. That and the fact that she is sired by a certain chap I have an affinity with. My other one is a bit more left field but if she runs a huge race she has a squeak. Mick Channon's LAUGH OUT LOUD, we don't really know too much as to how she will go here as she is 211 and all runs on the AW. But she is progressing at a rate of knots and looks a group horse in the making. Sky Bet and Ladbrokes go 50/1 and that is too big a price for me not to look at.

350 QATAR RACING HANDICAP

I've put 2 in here, Richard Fahey's ALBEN STAR, and Henry Candy's THE CONFESSOR. Hoping for a big run from each in what is a ridiculously open sprint handicap. Both will likely come late so hopefully I will be cheering them both in.

425 MAKFI FUTURE STARS MAIDEN STAKES

Not a race I'm getting too involved in until I've seen them, the benefit of getting off your backside and going to the races, but on paper I'm interested to see what KIMBERELLA can do. Full brother to a decent multiple black type horse.

500 PRETTY POLLY STAKES

Another pretty open race with some unexposed sorts. Both Godolphin entries are well bred and could well grab a 1-2, I'm siding with LACILY over KAILANI, but if they both look well I may indeed dutch them when the time calls for it.

535 AL RAYAN HANDICAP

I've picked out 2 here, obviously the favourite Samba King holds appeal having proven himself as very game recently, but I'm taking him on firstly with Andrew Balding's OPEN WATER, this is a big rise in class for him, but he was only beaten last time by one that looks a very smart prospect. Secondly I've gone for the inform Brian Meehan and his entry NELSON'S BAY. I think this one is a big price, the jockey may not be flavour of the month with some but he doesn't give the younger horses a hard time (well any for that matter) and they seem to respond to him sometimes.

Right enjoy those,  here's the multis. No win lucky but i've done 2 each way ones for you .

TREBLE

CHRYSANTHEMUM 1530 GOWRAN NAP
WONDERFUL 1605 GOWRAN NB
VOCATIONAL 1525 HAMILTON

E/W DOUBLE

SAUCY BROWN 1445 HAMILTON
TOUFAN EXPRESS 1640 GOWRAN

E/W LUCKY

CHARLES CAMOIN 1405 NEWMARKET
LACILY 1700 NEWMARKET
JEU DE VIVRE 1710 HAMILTON
NELSON'S BAY 1735 NEWMARKET

E/W LUCKY

THE CONFESSOR 1550 NEWMARKET
PARK RANGER 1640 GOWRAN
QUERIDO 1720 SALISBURY
HAMBLETON 1745 HAMILTON

Others of interest

GOWRAN PARK

1430 GINGER DOLLY
1715 ALLUSIVE POWER
1745 THE POUNDS

SALISBURY

1420 ROCKFELLA
1455 TASSEL
1535 HANDSOME MAN
1610 SYNCHRONICITY
1645 EMPEROR VESPASIAN

SLIGO

1440 CABALLO DU MARCUS
1615 LOUGH ROE LADY
1755 CULLENTRY ROYAL

Good Luck and Happy Punting

No comments:

Post a Comment