Friday 28 June 2013

Friday 28-6-13 Featuring Newmarket Nights for those going.

Morning all, Another blank yesterday. I'm going back to picking a few for next month, I'll start today. Mostly to see the correlation between LSPs after making a decent profit in June. I'll pop my NAP with some reasons then just list the rest. Also today, upon a few requests, there'll be a little bit for Newmarket tonight. I'm not going myself, but know a few who are and they obviously know the first place to turn to for the best tips. I'm guessing that person wasn't available though, so they've asked me. Just a double in the tennis today, although 1 of them I am waiting for anyway for a 3/4 yankee yesterday.

NAP

ANCIENT CROSS 745 NEWCASTLE

A top handicap sprinter, his only attempt over C&D was this race 2 years ago off the exact mark as today, remarkably under the same jockey. He won! He also won 3 starts ago over this trip at York, proving that the ability is still in there. He was drawn on the right side in the Wokingham at Royal Ascot but arguably didn't see out the fast 6f on that occasion. I think the drop back to 5 will suit as will the return to this track. I like this chap anyway, he owes me nothing and I'd love to see him bag another win.

OTHER BETS

STAR LAHIB 725 CHESTER
KINGSCROFT 825 CHESTER
LIGHTNING LAUNCH 900 CHESTER

ALOOF 730 CURRAGH

PARTY ROYAL 410 DONCASTER

ROYAL CAPER 530 MUSSELBURGH

FLOATING ALONG 605 NEWCASTLE
PRUSSIAN 715 NEWCASTLE
DHAULAR DHAR 815 NEWCASTLE

FOSTERS ROAD 355 YARMOUTH

NEWMARKET NIGHTS

I think tonight Newmarket are revisiting my "young adult" era with I believe Blue and Liberty X providing the entertainment. One of my flatmates when I lived in Elephant&Castle had a giant poster of Mrs Pietersen on his wall. Just thought you'd like to know that. Anyway, I'm betting 2 of these personally and you are happy to do what you want with them. But I've been asked so I shall provide. Look at me, I'm becoming the people's tipster. :-p

555 I thought GREYFRIARS CHORISTA is the interesting one here. He just needs to translate his artificial surface form onto the turf and he's well in. Decent efforts last twice have dropped his weight a pound and a very useful jockey takes off a further 5.

630 Maiden Fillies. Lamar is certainly the one to aim at, with the form of her debut being boosted nicely since. But I'm not keen on backing them when they've had a run, unless they looked like they needed that run, because they are often ridiculously short. Sure she outran her odds of 50/1 last time but why now do we believe her worthy of being a 5/4 favourite? I'm looking at the Godolphin newcomer SPELLBIND. She's very nicely bred half sister to Street Sence who was a very smart juvenile. Jockey Harry Bentley has 5 wins and 2 places in 13 rides for Godolphin.

705 I've had a bet on VALLARTA here. He's been running in better races than this so far this term and hasn't really achieved a lot. But he took some time to get going last season before landing 3rd in the Telescope maiden before winning his own next time out. He's dropped in weight too and could well bring up a race by race double for Harry Bentley.

735 Jo Hughes' LONDON BRIDGE comes here looking for a four-timer, she has turned him out quickly under a 6lb penalty but he's come along with really not doing too much to win. Ryan Moore is a huge jockey booking at a meeting like this, and while I know he's not likely come specifically for this ride, he's still very much the best around on a horse that clearly enjoys winning right now.

805 This should be between HALLELUJAH and Mar Mar. The betting and the official ratings certainly suggest that. I just think the former has achieved more so would side there, but couldn't put you off the other with arguably the better jockey of the pair.

840 I've plucked out AMOYA for this. Not been at it for a little while but a win over this trip on quick ground off 2lb higher last summer suggests something could well be round the corner. It takes a lot of rain to soften up the ground at Newmarket, a lot, I think this one has a chance at a nice price in an open race.

910 I have to have a bet on the old boy TAX FREE. This chap might have dropped down the ladder somewhat but his record speaks for itself. He actually has won on 3 of his 7 appearances at Newmarket, including the Group 3 Palace House at the Guineas meeting in 2007. He was a group class sprinter on his day and he won in August last year off 7 pounds higher so must have a chance, at least of a place.

Good Luck, Happy Punting, and if you are going to Newmarket I hope you enjoy the entertainment, or if you are old like me you live after 2 or 3 songs to beat the traffic.

Oh yeah TENNIS

:Like I said just a quick double.

DE SCHEPPER + RISKE


No comments:

Post a Comment