Saturday 1 June 2013

Saturday 1-6-13 = Derby Day

Morning all, Thistle Bird done the job nicely yesterday, just a shame the two in Ireland didn't. Edeymi was seemingly going well before an obstacle was his undoing once again, and Ealain ran so poor I'd be pretty sure something was wrong. Hopefully some decided my analysis was enough to risk an each way play on 20/1 Oaks winner Talent as well.
Anyway onto today. I only have 1 bet.

150 MUSSELBURGH - GREY STREET
Richard Fahey's Royal Applause filly quickly shifted her maiden tag as a 2yo and ran creditably in a decent nursery. She then made a solid reappearance last month putting in an eyecatching late run despite the race already gone. She's not moved in mark, winner that day ran well off 5lb higher next time out, and I think she's a big chance. My idea of a place banker for those that do it that way and every chance of the win. Stan James and Paddy are still holding at 8/1 as I type, but she can found short as 5/1 elsewhere.

Good Luck

THE INVESTEC DERBY - 400 EPSOM

I'm not going to ramble on, or try to cotton wrap this. Dawn Approach is better than any horse in this race. He will win. Lots of spatterings to whether he can run a mile and a half, of course he can, he's a horse. I read a much better equine judge than me wrote " Any horse can run any trip, it's how they use there energy in the race". If you'll all remember back, the reason Frankel never ran the Derby, wasn't because Sir Henry didn't think he'd get the trip, it was because Sir Henry didn't think he'd settle well enough. Now watch the 2000 Guineas back. Dawn Approach looked calm and measured throughout, kicking clear with a wonderful turn of pace. The Coolmore squad will have to put in a monumental effort to get this horse beat, in my mind they'll have to set up like a procycling sprint train. But, it's always wise to have a saver right? My saver was pretty easy to pick, I like the Chester Vase as a trial and Ryan Moore is, in my opinion, the best jockey around. So Ruler of the World, a generous 8/1 chance, will certainly suffice. A final danger, and one i have an Antepost docket for is Mars. Ran with great credit in the 1000 Guineas, Richard Hughes said after the Oaks that classic wins were seemingly like buses, well the true analogy is that you don't see one for ages then 3 come at once, he's won the last 2!!!

Lets make that a 1-2-3 shall we, for a laugh

DAWN APPROACH - RULER OF THE WORLD - MARS

Good Luck and Enjoy the race

No comments:

Post a Comment