Tuesday 18 June 2013

Wednesday 19-6-13 Royal Ascot Day 2

Morning. A pretty poor showing for me on the first day of Ascot. It wasn't all doom and gloom mind as a strong stance on Dawn Approach paid off and then a lovely drift on advised bet Hill of Dreams yesterday evening secured a massive profit for the blog and eased the pain of the Ascot betting, which due to some very poor discipline was a bad day for me. Anyway I'll get on. I'll start with Royal Ascot. I won't analyse the races to much extent, a) there are many out there better at that than me, and b) I simply don't have the time. I shall  just pop up my main bet and reasons why, plus a couple offers that entered my calculations where necessary.

ROYAL ASCOT DAY 2

230 JERSEY STAKES

I really like GALE FORCE TEN for this, second in the Irish Guineas, much like last years winner, even then there can be questions as to whether he could have done better given how the race panned out. Obvious dangers need to step up to challenge him on the form. Music Master was one that interested me to maybe nick a place a a price. Henry Candy's charge has progressed nicely, taking just 2 runs to relieve maiden tag then a big run behind Dundonnell in listed company.

305 DUKE OF CAMBRIDGE STAKES (Windsor Forest)

A mile Group 2 for fillies. I backed the winner of this 2 years ago and I'm in with the same trainer this year with what is an advised bet. DUNTLE. Technically she's a group 1 winner, but escapes the penalty attached, presumably because it was a dead heat? She is versatile over the ground and has a course and distance win from the Sandringham at last years festival. She's in my Tentofollow and I'm following. Chigun rates the biggest danger and would be roared into the winners box, and Thistle Bird is a mare I like a lot, But DUNTLE should be the class act here.

345 PRINCE OF WALES STAKES

So we continue with the male heirage to the throne branding dominance. Seriously though this is the Al Kazeem v Camelot rematch. I can't see either going too far below 2/1 so if you want to play each of two you've a pretty solid chance of making a profit. I'm going to throw one in for the frame at a pretty monster price. MIBLISH. He will need to step up. However looking at form he was within quarter of a length to a horse that placed in a World Cup. He wasn't far away after a good run in the Brigadier Gerard. Then you hit the sentiment. Ignoring the Sungate allegations (I'm pretty sure we'll be looking at a short list of those that haven't been caught up in that come the end of it all) How many times has Clive Brittain managed to throw something in Mr Manana's silks into the frame when the market has effectively given no chance. Ryan Moore in the saddle too gives it a boost.

425 ROYAL HUNT CUP

I'm possibly going to get burnt here as I picked out 3 I liked and they are all down the same side! TRADE COMMISSIONER, GLOBAL VILLAGE and PREMIO LOCO. The first one and main selection really progressed over the summer last year and I see no reason he can't play a big role here back in handicaps. Obviously because all 3 of mine are drawn low it would be nice to just have an interest across the field so I've looked at EDUCATE down the middle-ish and SWEET LIGHTNING up high, how good would that be for Johnny Murtagh after riding a double yesterday to then saddle one as a trainer?

500 QUEEN MARY STAKES

A group 2 sprint for fillies. I like Clive Brittain's RIZEENA. She's progressed nicely and comes here with every chance. Kaiulani made a nice debut and that form has been franked.

535 SANDRINGHAM HANDICAP

I'm siding with French Guineas 4th ZURIGHA for Hughes and Hannon. That is very much the best piece of form on offer. Hint of  a tint comes over from Ireland with a huge chance and Sorella Bella could well get involved if she can recapture her Italian form.

ADVISED BETS

DUNTLE 305 ROYAL ASCOT
SHAMROCKED 650 RIPON
PURCELL 910 KEMPTON

Good Luck and Happy Punting


No comments:

Post a Comment