Monday 17 June 2013

Tuesday 18-6-13 - Royal Ascot Day 1

Morning all. For Ascot I shall just chuck up the horses I've considered for each race. I'll tell you what I'm betting on. Then I shall list my advised bets underneath. I won't have time to write up the advised bets sadly as I still have a lot to do before the trials of getting the eldest ready and to school. There is 1 advised bet at Royal Ascot though. All other Ascot advice is merely a guide and won't be calculated towards the stats. But believe you me I always get carried away at these big meetings and bet like a knob so you won't do worse than me!

ROYAL ASCOT DAY 1

230 QUEEN ANNE STAKES

So we have the Kentucky Derby and World Cup winning Animal Kingdom in here, at odds on. On that form yeah sure he should be odds on, but who wants to take him on? Why not? The only race he's won on turf was worth $18000, there's doubts about him doing the business in a straight line. Elusive Kate is the obvious answer, she gets a sex allowance. But I'm going elsewhere. SOVEREIGN DEBT was very close to EK on Champions Day last year here, and his run in the Lockinge, for me, was a step up on that. I think if he comes on again he can certainly fill the frame, and at 14/1 certainly holds value.

305 KINGS STAND STAKES

I'm already very much into RECKLESS ABANDON antepost, to the extent that without going back through every betting account history I have absolutely no idea how much I'm due if he wins! So I really can't put more on him today. I'm going to take a couple of speculative each ways. PEARL SECRET. This horse travels beautifully, he's a monster. Sadly the dream was disrupted in the Nunthorpe when he was drawn badly and never really had a chance. I like him, the trainer likes him, why not have a go. I know he hasn't had a run yet this year, but I fail to see how the trainer wouldn't have him as fully wound up as possible for this. And also KINGSGATE NATIVE. Robert Cowell has breathed life back into this horse, and sprinters are very much streaky beings, an excellent effort to land the Temple Stakes it's surely worth chancing him going in again.

345 ST JAMES PALACE STAKES

DAWN APPROACH is an advised bet today. Might be worth waiting and waiting as people will be out to get him after his Derby performance, and rightly so he put in a stinker. But he showed in the Guineas that he is a class animal and connections say they've no issues with running him here. Can anything get close? Not if he's back to his best no.

425 COVENTRY STAKES

My favourite race of the meeting. Most likely because I've backed the winner 5 of the last 6 years. It's not quite the puzzle it appears. The market is usually spot on or at least very near to the mark. You can almost write off anything at double figures, and unbeaten horses or certainly those that won last start. I'm going for the 3/3 THUNDERSTRIKE, I just can't help thinking Richard Hughes has gotten on the wrong horse. This would be a hugely popular winner with Frankie on top and at 9/1 even an each way price for the conservative. Ill be on the nose, I've only jut started getting involved in the each way business I feel a little dirty and about 12/1 is the real minimum I'm willing to go.

500 ASCOT STAKES

I 2m4 handicap. I'm certainly not going balls deep here. Jumps trainers do pretty well in this race usually. That being said the one I'm looking at is JUSTIFICATION for Aidan O'Brien. He put in a decent effort staying on in the Chester Cup so shouldn't find the trip disagreeable. This will be a real test for young Joseph as these races take a great deal of maturity.

535 WINDSOR CASTLE STAKES

Again a race not to get carried away. Traditionally the bookies leave on a high with this. That being said on last years guide I put up 6 and 3 of them made up the first 3. I won't put up 6 today, just a couple. ANDHESONTHERUN, for Roger Varian. 2nd only to a good one last time out, this despite the size of the field really isn't a strong race and he'll not need much progression to get involved. And JUSTICE DAY. Had a few runs and been sent off short since beating a Hannon hotpot on debut. Worth a play at the price as he's been pretty consistent in his runs.


ADVISED BETS

DAWN APPROACH 345 ROYAL ASCOT
CRUCHAIN 320 STRATFORD
HILL OF DREAMS 710 KEMPTON
SOUTH CAPE 800 BRIGHTON

Good Luck and Happy Punting

No comments:

Post a Comment