Thursday 25 August 2011

Friday 26th August - A new target.

Sitting at minus 94pts this month has me thinking, perhaps I should have a target of staying under -100 pts. If the point is £1 then that means I will have spent £100 on my hobby for the month, and that is an acceptable way of looking at how bad my luck is at the moment!
I was going to have a proper look at the Champions league draw, but I'll save that for now. Although Group A looks a bit Cheryl Cole, with Group G coming up as Heather from Eastenders. Just Saying. Good old Man U got a gimme, but then so did Chelsea realistically. Arsenal have a couple of tricky away ties, but if they continue the improvement to their football that they showed on Weds night they will be fine. Man City have a monster but will go through in my opinion.
Onto todays horses and with 5.24 points to the 100pt zone i am placing 14pts today, a bit risky, but i fancy a few quite nicely, and I have put the effort in. I'm not too worried about my money, as I said it's my hobby, but I don't like giving bad advice, it's not very nice. And my bad runs always seem to coincide with a sharp rise in twitter followers and/or blog readers. This is the first unprofitable month since i started new people so keep the faith.
No E/w treble today as no 3rd best bet. Just 5pt Nap and 3pt NB.

FFOS LAS
340 COLONEL MAK WINNER 3/1
Placed at Hamilton off the same mark in a better race, treated to go well today.

450 NUDGE AND NURDLE
Recieves ample weight from Sun Tzu on their Perth meeting in June.

525 STRUMBLE HEAD
Been very consistent this term, although will not want any rain (in Wales!!!) as pulled up twice when cut.

NEWMARKET
330 TROVARE
Placed off higher marks, saves all his best efforts for HQ, will be on the premises. I have CDM OP Sta? in my notes, I think that means Cosimo De Medici (winner 11/1) is overpriced if he proves stamina!

435 MY FREEDOM 2ND
Disappointing in higher class last time out, twice before that he was collared on the line over a mile, drop back to 7 should hopefully suit, although jockey booking puts me off a little, Godolphin at HQ with Ted Durcan on board is very rare, they usually send him to all corners.

BRIGHTON
745 BATELEUR (NAP) NR
It's a bit brave picking one at Brighton who hasn't won C&D, esp when 4 of such in race, but he his 4lb lower than his winning mark from this year, he put in a much better run lto over C&D having been running at 6 for most of the summer. Back to 5 should suit and well treated with rivals. The biggest danger will be Stonecrabs tomorrow (winner 7/2) who had zero luck in running last time, I think with all his bumps and checks he probably ran an extra furlong to the rest, but kept on well in the finish.

HAMILTON
735 HONG KONG ISLAND 2ND
Will relish the GS ground, he has placed 3/4 runs with cut in the ground. The only time he didn't was his very first run, this is one on the upgrade and has had a few runs off this mark now including one placed in similar conditions to today.

KILLARNEY
535 BEAUTY EXPRESS (NB)
3rd run off this mark, placed in stronger event last time, game winner at Wexford 3 starts ago when beating the useful Cane Cat by nearly 2 lengths.

That's it, have a good day and good luck whatever you're backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment