Tuesday 16 August 2011

Wednesday 17th August - York Ebor festival Day 1.

We made a profit yesterday!!! Woop Woop.
I'm going to just tell you why I've chosen my York picks and then put my other selections below them. A NAP winner yesterday served up a little profit to replenish the festival ammunition so hopefully we can get the blog into profit by the weekend.

YORK
200 RACY
Racy has been given a little leeway from the handicapper, without really doing a lot wrong. He has struggled with his draw on a number of occasions recently but today looks to be well drawn and could be right up there. Last time at Goodwood he led home his group but the pace was over the other side of the track. Well worth an Each way tickle at least.

230 FURNERS GREEN
I struggled with this race, I spent about half an hour looking for a reason that any other could beat this one, for value purposes. I couldn't find it. Entifaadha looks to be the main danger, and I liked Moon Pearl as a possible each way.

305 NAMIBIAN
 I can't take Seville at the price, he is the most likely on ability but he just doesn't seem to do enough to win. Namibian on the other hand has won two in a row and continued progression should see him make it 3. I can't realistically look at anything else to challenge these 2.

340 MIDDAY
Await the Dawn has good form in the book but a) we still aren't sure exactly what he has beaten, b)Midday has form figures he could only dream of c)I can never back Joseph O'Brien with any real confidence d)the fact that Tom Quealley has chosen Midday over Twice Over. Therefore for value, experience, jockey booking, I have to side with the wondermare.

415 NEARLY A GIFT
This one has never finished outside the top 2 at this trip. A narrow second after a long trip down to Newmarket last time out, this one is much closer to home. Both trainer and jockey turn a LSP at this track and I fancy him to get up. I wanted to back Mister Musicmaster to land the cricket stumps but think the hanicapper may just have a grip on him and he will find it tough to make all under that weight rise.

450 CLUB OCEANIC
This one looks to be a serious horse, one little pointer is the fact that Frankie (who has won on him twice) swerves a Godolphin ride for him. He found a big money handicap at Newmarket a step too far 2 runs ago, but quickly asserted himself last time out and will have learned from that. With Frankie back on board he will certainly be there or thereabouts.

CARLISLE
240 SUNRISE SAFARI (TREB)

HEREFORD
535 DEANS GRANGE (NAP)
605 BATHWICK QUEST

FOLKESTONE
800 CLEAR ICE (NB)

NOTTINGHAM
330 POLPERRO

Have a great day, good luck and happy punting.

Profit yesterday +6.75pts Profit for August -29.64pts

No comments:

Post a Comment