Monday 1 August 2011

Tuesday 2nd August - Time to break the curse

The tagline is for one reason only, I believe that I curse the O'Meara/Tudhope connection. They have spells of great form, the minute I latch onto it with a bet it stops. Todays NAP is for said connections and with Mr O'Meara bagging a couple of winners yesterday, I'd say they are in a bit of form. Yesterday, the girls put on a feast at what normally would have been a mundane evening card from Carlisle. We saw a tremendous ride from Sophie Doyle aboard Opus Maximus, although I feel I may have upset her a little by comparing it's merits to those of Hayley's ride aboard Efistorm, essentially that was a close minded thing to do and Sophie, I hope you'll accept my apology. We saw Amy Ryan land herself in hot water by dropping her hands. The disappointing thing is that given the gamble on Ryan's mount in that race combined that it was the last, mixed with the exposure of the evening, among the common betting shop neanderthal it will have taken a few steps back after what had been a giant step forward. I heard it all last night. One horse won and I heard, "I always back that horse, but I didn't cos of the jockey" "oh my god(or words to that effect) I wouldn't have bothered coming in if i knew they were all women" and some rather more colourful phrasing directed at the TV's. I though the night was a great event, and a far better betting spectacle. The races were all very competitve. and apart from Amy Ryan's error we saw horses being ridden out to their max potential. I hope they raised a fantastic amount of money, and as long as it doesn't become a considerably regular thing, that would circusify it a little, then a reprisal would be more than welcome in my eyes. One little tip for you that's not horsey related, get aboard Newcastle to get relegated from the premier league. The rate they are going they won't have any players left by next week, let alone any good ones. I still haven't written my Football Season blog up and will do my best to knock one out before the season starts on Saturday. It won't be Wednesday night though as am off to Yarmouth races with Dave Monk to celebrate his impending life sentence, I mean Marriage. Right off we go with some tips, i've had a little ramble today.

BATH
515 LADY EXCELLENTIA (TREB)

CATTERICK
330 DESCARO (NAP)
400 PISTE

FFOS LAS
815 SECRET MILLIONAIRE

ROSCOMMON
510 WHATEVER IT TAKES (NB)

SOUTHWELL
835 SCRUFFY SKIP

Have a great day, good luck and happy punting.

Profit yesterday -7pts Profit for August -7pts

No comments:

Post a Comment