Saturday 13 August 2011

Saturday 13th August - Saturday racing and return of the Premier League, Pig in shit!

To immortalise Prince William's world cup bid delivery, "I love football". I like the Championship, League 1/2 etc... but I love football, and the Premier League typifies everything that is the modern makeup of the "beautiful game". Overpaid fancy dans, more worried about their hair than putting in a sizeable challenge. But the best thing about the premier league are the betting opportunities. Such is the quality in each team from top to bottom that any scenario is likely at any moment from first to final whistle. I just love it. Unfortuneatly my team isn't playing today due to some nonsense that went on last Saturday. The downside is that now our first game of the season is away to Man Utd!
In the horses Brown Panther goes today, I've taken him on, against my better judgement, something just smells of "racecourse gallop" to me, it's very common in NH that trainers will send out a runner for a strong run under rules before a big race but not necessarily to win. Don't take this wrong, I don't think they are misling the public, i just think that win or no win they re just looking for positives from the run. I hope I'm wrong as I have Panther for the Leger at 8's and I'd like a bit of value for that come the day.
Another interesting race is the 230 at Newbury, I like the look of Fencing, everything suggests he was beaten by the draw on debut, comfortably leading home his group with the 2 in front both on the quicker side. A smaller field will suit and form of that race was given a monster boost last night when Endowing (15th that time) finished second in what is tipped to be a very hot maiden.
Onto my selections.

DONCASTER
345 DOCOFHTEBAY
420 FATHOM FIVE (NB)

NEWBURY
200 DIRECTORSHIP WINNER 9/1
230 FENCING WINNER 5/4
305 TIMES UP
340 THE CHEKA

NEWMARKET
215 IMELDA MAYHEM
320 LOUIS THE PIOUS
355 FRENCH NAVY WINNER 1/1

RIPON
255 PRINCE OF DANCE
330 TAX FREE (TREB)
405 RALPHY BOY

TRAMORE
630 NIGHT SINGER (NAP) non runner

THE £5 SATURDAY FOOTY BET
Last week we suffered 2 draws which was unlucky but this week we will win.

FULHAM 0-0
IPSWICH 0-1
SOUTHAMPTON 1-0
top 3 returns
Bet365 = £52.35
Stan James = £50.40
Will Hill =£50.30

Good luck and Happy punting

Profit yesterday -14pts Profit for August -28.14pts

No comments:

Post a Comment