Saturday 23 July 2011

Sunday 24th July - Wow, how do you describe a day like yesterday?

I'll touch briefly on the initial issue and that is the death of Amy Winehouse, one news report stated that people were shocked by the sudden death of the star. I cannot possibly say I was shocked, nor was it sudden, she has been killing herself for years, my sympathy lies with the people who truly cared for her, and will truly mourn the loss of a loved one. She has been offered help a number of times through a number of sources, and trampled on each and everyone with blatant disregard. Don't get me wrong no-one deserves to die, but in the same ilk, perhaps she deserves a little less false sympathy and respect. Respest the music and art and not the person, is all I am saying. The really sad death, of course, was that of Royal Ascot winner Rewilding. The worst part is that it throws the animal rights freaks a bone to judge and attack our sport once again. The saddest part is that a beloved athlete has passed. Knowing people involved at Godolphin, and knowing how much they care, I know this will have hit them hard. The incident really dampened what was a terrific day. I lost money yesterday and had absolutely no care after watching that, twice thanks to the BBC. I'm undecided at the criticism levelled at the Beeb. We should start with a good point of their coverage. We have been moaning for weeks that the best races are early in the cards to fit TV schedules, and they stayed on board to show the 430 race. On channel 4 you would have been watching countdown for a while. There would have been people out there who don't have an accurate eye for the races and will have wondered what actually happened. I guess from the BBC's thinking if they don't show it they will appease people who don't want to see it, but disappoint those intrigued. However if they do show it, they appease those intrigued and those who don't want to see it have the ability to turn away for a moment. I don't know what I'd have done as the producer at the beeb in that situation, I'm just playing devils advocate to a channel that comes in for a lot of criticism for it's sports coverage. I cannot possibly comment on Norway or China as, I must be honest, I'm a little ignorant on the matters and don't really know exactly what has happened.
I'm going to move straight into my selections and not really talk about yesterday, I'll sum up the weekends punting tomorrow.

ASCOT
215 BLUE TIGER
325 CHOCK A BLOCK
400 SWINDY
510 EBRAAM

CARLISLE
225 SAXONETTE (T)
300 UNION ISLAND

PONTEFRACT
350 OFF CHANCE
425 CORNUS (NAP)
530 MARYOLINI (NB)


TOUR DE FRANCE
Cav to win, sorry but that much is obvious, behind him there will be a fight to join the HTC train and I think that will suit Thor Hushovd, who has had a terrific tour, and I shall tkae advantage of Bet365's 100/1 for a little E/w bet.

FOOTBALL
With both city rivals playing out a relatively disappointing 1-1 draw yesterday, I think both Celtic and Hibs will have a go at each other in a bid to gain early bragging rights in their respective home towns. I like Sky Bet/Victor Chandlers 8/11 that there will be over 2.5 goals in this match.

Have a good day, Good luck and Happy Punting

Profit yesterday -14.3pts Profit for July +4.28pts

No comments:

Post a Comment