Friday 1 July 2011

Saturday 2nd July - Workforce or So You Think?

We are due an absolute cracker today. I'll disect that in a minute. A good day yesterday thanks to my NAP lifting Sir Micheal Stoute off the cold trainers list. And once again we were set to suffer "disappointment Friday" at Wimbledon. Did Rafa raise his game? Or did Murray just throw it away? That will be disected by the tennis "experts" all day, they'll probably even forget that there is 2 lovely ladies playing for a shiny plate this afternoon. Enough about tennis, my sports blog is elsewhere, this is racing. I didn't watch a lot of racing yesterday, I spent the day with my kids so not a lot to comment on.

THE CORAL ECLIPSE
SANDOWN 310
Confront has been thrown in by Sir Micheal to set the pace high, this will put the reigns in the hands of stablemate Workforce. But don't back by any means, it's not going to win.
So You Think the giant. At Ascot he just didn't get away from the pack as he would have liked and was taken down by a smart stayer in Rewilding. He hasn't become a bad horse on that race, if anything he will be improved for it as the trainer has some weaknesses to iron out, which weren't evident on his previous two runs where he demolished the fields. If you ask me my opinion, I'd say that this is a better race than the Prince of Wales, that's probably why we have such a small field. Workforce is better than Rewilding, simple. And Snow fairy, maybe not to the ability of the big 2 is better than anything that finish 3rd or worse at Ascot. Also it looked as though the trip was a bit sharp for So You Think, in my opinion. I'd prefer him stepped up than down and prefer him for the King George&Queen Elizabeth later in the month. We'll see what happens, but any plunge on this may see me throw a lay hat into the ring.
Sri Putra was 3rd in the Prince of Wales. This is a stronger race, and I'd say he should hope for 4th.
WORKFORCE is the winner of this for me. Ladbrokes take him on at 7/4 and if you ask me they've got it wrong. Not much form has come from his seasonal reappearance at the Brigadier Gerard, but that day he was conceding 7lb to the field and still won relatively comfortably. The pace has to be high for him to assert towards the finish and in Confront he has an able front runner. I think he could take this going away and If I was in the odds compiling room for my employers I'd be a bit more cautious in taking him on.
Snow Fairy. Credit to Ed Dunlop for throwing his filly into the ring for a crack at this. So far this year the girls haven't fared up against the boys, Midday v St Nicholas, Goldi v Canford. Midday and Goldikova are both much better horses than Snow Fairy and I don't think St Nick would stand up to Workforce or SYT, on that basis 3rd is the best she can hope for.

Onto my selections
NAP SENTRY DUTY 340 Sandown
Nicky Henderson's smart hurdler has the pace to take an event on the flat, and has done so previously. Kieran Fallon takes the ride and for me that is a smart booking. He was very disappointing first seen this season at the Chester Cup. He did however put in a big run in the Cesarewich at the back end of last season. He is 15lb better off with Aaim to Prosper who won that day with the selection just 4 lengths back. I think he has a big each way chance in this and there is plenty of 16/1 available.

NB HALICARNASSAS 325 Haydock
After a respectable winter in Dubai, he has put in some big runs in this sort of company without getting home. With 4 places on offer he is a massive each way shout at 25/1 offered by Ladbrokes. I think he is well treated in the weights reopposing some he has met before and could spring a shock here. And when everyone is analysing the shock I'll direct them to my blog! WINNER 14/1

TREBLE SECRET ASSET 430 Haydock
He has looked a little short of pace on recent runs over 5f, therefore the step back up to 6f should suit ncely. He is a big price at 14/1 and again 4 places paid makes him a super each way shot. Luke Morris takes the ride and although he has struggled to carry his form from the winter into the turf season he is still more than capable of a decent win, and if the horse allows, he does read races very well.

OTHERS
SANDOWN
200 Margot Did
415 Dubai Queen

HAYDOCK
250 Dorcas Lane
355 High Standing WINNER 5/2

CARLISLE
730 Tartan Gunna

Hope you all have a good day, good luck and happy punting.
Profit Yesterday +14pts  Profit for July +14pts
Profit calculated as follows 10pt win for feature race, 5pt win for NAP, 3pt for NB, 2pt for Treb, 1pt Each way treble and 1pt win everything else.
Remember my tips our free and will remain so. If you get a few winners and wish to reward me for my time than just clink on one of the ads. All ads provided and verified by Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment