Wednesday 20 July 2011

Thursday 21st July - Can't help feeling I've missed a trick

I have over 100 followers on Twitter now so that express is moving along nicely, however the blog still only averages about 30 reads. Yesterday was my second highest all time viewing and I didn't get a single "Chicken Dinner", Hopefully we can go better today. Had another little battle with @theGambolar yesterday and this time I came out on top. Which has forced me to rethink the blog a little. It will hold it's current format for the rest of July and then in August I shall take the adventurous step of having a shot at more races. I have been picking winners and not backing them, anyone paying attention on twitter will have had it off. Have a little look at my King George blog, I think all I achieved from it though is to show just how difficult a race it is to call. I have absolutely no idea who I'm going to back. The Gamby vs Guy 1pt challenge is at Uttoxeter today, so keep your eyes peeled on twitter for them. Plus my golf "tips" are up for the weekend so have an eyeful. Onto todays selections shall we?

BATH
450 MISS FIREFLY (NB) 2nd 5/1

DONCASTER
755 NO POPPY

EPSOM
830 CATALYZE (TREB)

LEOPARDSTOWN
625 REMEMBER ALEXANDER WINNER 7/1
655 PARK AUX BOULES (NAP) 2nd 14/1
730 FAMOUS NAME WINNER 4/9

SANDOWN
245 GOTTANY O'S
320 SHOW FLOWER


TOUR DE FRANCE
Today the tour heads to the highest summit finish in it's history, atop the Col de Galibier. The riders have to make their way up to the finish, surplus of 2.6k above sea level. They have the little matter of 2HC climbs en route. Expect the usual breakaway suspects to have a go in a bid to land the KOM jersey, Roy, Chavanel, Hoogerland. but it will be one of the leading protagonists that stands atop the Galibier, Contador will have a go but he is too short for me, Andy Schleck doesn't look fit enough to me. Samuel Sanchez will be my first choice as always when uphill, he was my A/P pick and sitting 5th overall he has a lively chance at the moment. My second choice is well overpriced. Frank Schleck 2nd can be backed at 16/1 on Bet 365, if Leopard Trek and Frank make the right call here then the older half of "Frandy" has a massive chance both today and tomorrow. Leave Andy alone, he will win the tour one day just not this year but Frank looks strong, much stronger than his brother.

Have a good day, good luck and happy punting.

Profit yesterday -15pts Profit for July +45.34pts

No comments:

Post a Comment