Tuesday 26 July 2011

Tuesday 26th July - Glorious Goodwood Day 1.

I'll tell you the truth, I'm looking out of my window and there isn't a lot glorious about the weather here in Suffolk. But there is a lot Glorious about the racing at Goodwood today. I have precisely twelve minutes to write this blog before I have to leave for work. So I shall not waste time by rambling on. Remember these are my tips that are deduced by the way I pick horses. I bet on all my tips. 5pts Nap, 3pts NB, 2pts T, 1pt E/w treble and 1pt wins any others. From time to time I spot one or two through the day that i like or have missed, for them you have to follow me on twitter @GSPCCOYS.

GLORIOUS GOODWOOD
200 CIRCUMVENT (NB)
In my opinion this is a horse that is actually on the improve despite bare form figures. He is falling in the weights and I expecte a bold show from him last time out with excuses from the previous run. He didn't seem to handle the cut in the ground on what was a particularly wet weekend at Newmarket. Richard Hughes will be happy to get the day rolling for the jockeys title as his biggest rival looks to be on a good thing in the next. Just a matter of a relatively wide draw to contend with but this is hugely overpriced for me. Disappointed somewhat, never really got competitive

235 FIORENTE
On read form I'm not sure there is any horse in here that is of the level of this one. I think his price has been cut majorly following Ascot conqueror Nathaniels impressive King George win. But the man on board is the right man for me, and 1-1 in the jockeys race. 2nd, Ryan Moore well beaten in a stand off with Silvestre De Sousa

310 STRONG SUIT
Won the Jersey stakes at Royal Ascot very nicely and was a very close third (all three went to the judge) in the group 1 Prix Jean Prat in Paris. I'd expect him to take full advantage of the weight for age here. And of course 2-1 for Hughsie. WINNER 5/2 won very impressively, on the bridle until about 150 yards out.

345 CROWN DEPENDENCY
3-1 Hughsie. Hannon and Hughes are looking for a hatrick in this race. This one won his maiden here at Goodwood before a no-nonsense third in the Group 2 Norfolk Stakes, in what looked a very competitive field. Nothing really jumps out as a danger so I'd be looking at one of the Irish raiders for forecast players.
4th but with excuses in running, was battered about at the start and had to switch 2 or 3 times in the run in.
420 LLANARMON LAD
None of the previous raced horses gives me the impression that they are a winner in the making and this one makes most appeal of the newbies. E/w bet. 2nd 33/1, this is green because I tipped E/w. Beaten a nose on the line, ironically by a horse called Moustache!

450 CHAPTER AND VERSE
Not disgraced in last two efforts dispite finishes of 6th and 9th. Both were of higher quality than this and he has been dropped to below last winning mark as a result. Disappointing

525 ARGANIL (TREB)
In reality has done most of his winning on all weather, but put in a bold show on soft at Catterick last month. Phillip Makin seems to be getting the best out of him now and Kevin Ryan is in half decent form, well worth a shot in an open race. Never competitve

BEVERLEY
355 DANCING FREDDIE (NAP) Non runner
505 KINGSDALE ORION Also ran
535 TROPICAL DUKE Also ran

GALWAY
645 ELUSIVE RIDGE Also ran
745 SHIRLEY BLAKE Also ran

PERTH
840 RESTORATION Also ran

WORCESTER
725 E MAJOR Also ran
825 TEMPTING PARADISE Also ran

Have a good day, Good luck and Happy punting.

Profit yesterday -12pts Profit July -22.72pts Hopefully we can get back to black today, that would be topical!

No comments:

Post a Comment