Friday 10 June 2011

Friday 10th June

Right just a quickie today. Lots to cram into my final 48 hours of my twenties and thus far horse racing has to take a back seat today. I've done the usual 15 selections but will warn you that I only really skimmed through the form and where there are 3 or 4 I'm pretty sure of there are 1 or 2 that I have snatched at. So another profitable day yesterday, £1.38 to a level £1. That takes June's total to £9.06 profit to a £1 level stake. The Royal Ascot pot is getting bigger. Todays selections are as follows.
PS I have a NAP and 3 NB's!

MARKET RASEN
200 This looks a pretty solid chance for Grand National winning trainer/jockey with CYGNET(NB), got more in the book than anything else here and although Peadar Miguel makes appeal after a rusty debut in this code he remains a big what if having bean beaten long odds on last time.

230 A lot of these look good on paper but have a big step up in trip to cope with. Favourite Andorn also has to contend with an 8lb penalty and I think it pays to side with POLLENJOCK who is proven on the stamina front and tactics may be to go from the front and try to run the legs out of the sharper horses. A slow pace will not suit the selection.

300 Another winner for Jason Maguire. Don't even look anywhere other than POINTS OF VIEW(NAP) in this race. Stage Acclaim is considered a challenge in the market but the drop in trip should find him short of foot.

335 I'm going to have an Each Way speculation on TOPENHALL. Has come out looking ok but for jumping errors from some pretty decent looking races, jumping was a touch better last time than previously but left one paced and looked to need the run. I think if jumping is right today there is no reason whatsoever he can't challenge for honours here at a very generous 14/1 on offer.

410 I'm going for last years winner in this CHORIZO, I think all make appeal but this one gets the nod through C&D experience.

445 SILVER ADONIS needs to translate his chase form into hurdles. A relatively useful chaser has come out of some decent races but never really has got it going over the smaller fences. Will have to contend with top weight here and to be honest it wasn't until I started writing that I realised this was a hurdle and I had picked a chaser but I'm not changing my mind now!

YORK
210 3 that make appeal here are Church Music, Pen Bal Crag and RIGHT RESULT(NB). The former has the form of Kevin Ryan to fall back on with the trainer in terrific first time out form this year. The second is obviously worthy of respect given the Hanaghan/Fahey factor and the selection is for Richard Hannon and ridden by Mr Kieron Fallon. Very tough choice but I think the selection has looked like winning before and will appreciate the drop back to 5f.

315 A monster handicap here and I'm siding with David O'Meara, Danny Tudhope and DESCARO, looks well in the weights and a lively price.

425 I actually wrote down Haajes and then spotted that ROCKET ROB is 5lb ahead of the handicapper, that will prove a lot in a race like this and should make the difference.

SANDOWN
400 SURE ROUTE is pushed up 7lb for a solid effort on HC debut, but looks a progressive sort and that shouldn't hamper too much. Some unexposed in behind but I'll back Hughsey to carry this one home today.

435 ALL ACTION looks to have the potential to improve above his mark and was a decent second to the impressive Merchant of Medici last time out. Perpetually is ahead of the handicapper and could be the each way play.

GOODWOOD
755 CLUB OCEANIC(NB) and Zain Shamardal make the most appeal of these but Frankie rode me a nice winner yesterday and for that I'm diving aboard this one, I'll think the selection will handle the trip better and should cope with the penalty.

AINTREE
600 KEENANS FUTURE looks on a decent mark here and just has to overcome a fall last time out.

635 I think anything can win this so on that I guess why not take on the outsider DR LIVINGSTONE.

705 Double figure prices look generous for SUNDAY CITY. Will appreciate the drop back in trip and has come up against some very good horse. I think the selection can win this and is a lovely price for each way players.

Better go and give my children some lunch now, blog should be back to standard tomorrow as I love Saturday racing. Hopefully we can pull out another little profit today, good luck and happy punting.

No comments:

Post a Comment