Saturday 4 June 2011

Saturday 4th June

IT'S DERBY DAY

It's days like this that make it worthwile getting up and going to work. Was a little on the drag as my 8 month old alarm clock had a bit of a lay-in. I'll try and disect the 3 group races at Epsom and then have a little word as to why I've selected my other selections, and remember we've got a 4.3pt profit to use from yesterday.

EPSOM 400 THE DERBY

13 runners and I'm going to take 3 out immediately, Marhaba Mayloon, Memphis Tennessee, Pisco Sour, the latter ran a huge race in the Dante (which I did predict) but these tick no boxes for me today. Ocean War chances look slim but Frankie has a point to prove and can be a dangerous man when on a mission. The horse has to get over a massive step up in trip. Vadamar has run just once and won pretty impressively but I think this will be too much for him, the other french raider Pour Moi is well fancied but I just don't think french racing holds up to english and despite the booking of Mikkel Barzalona I think he will be found wanting, Castlemorris King should have perhaps joined the write offs but i just have an inkling he might go the distance! Masked Marvel and Treasure Beach are both live springers with the former looking massively impressive at Goodwood last time, Will Buick is on board which is a huge positive and this monster is in my tentofollow so I'm hoping for an outside chance of a win. Treasure Beach is the only proven horse over the distance, Colm O'Donaghue is my preferred jock to back for O'Brien, could be another decent outside chance. Native Khan is probably the sentimental choice after Mr Fallon's turncoat antics, is anyone really surprised, he has never had a reputation for being the most morally stand up chap. Nap'd the horse when he won Craven, ran on very well in the Guineas suggesting that he had more in the tank, not sure he'd have caught Frankel over 2 miles! But still has to be respected today. Recital I hope this horse gets beaten off the park, I just don't like the arrogance of the whole O'Brien/Fallon debacle. Reasonably impressive win in the Derby trial over in Ireland but only 1 and half lengths in front of Memphis Tennessee who I've written off completely. Carlton House for her Maj, what can I say, he showed a terrific turn of foot to beat all home in the Dante. Ryan Moore had a great day yesterday and he knows this horse inside out. I believe there is a stat that Micheal Stoute won the Derby last time there was a Royal Wedding. But if you ask me all the stats/furuor is just playing to the bookies hands for a field day, and the best thing about it is that all the added shop turnover goes back into racing through the levy. My Selection is SEVILLE. Dante runner up but was a very slow pace that day and with O'Brien sending so many out the pace should be high. Don't like Aidan O'Brien but this one has been in my book for a long time and after missing my big price each way on Blue Bunting yesterday (Cheers Frankie!) I'd like to recoup some. Cristophe Soumillon is a terrific Jockey and I believe he has won the Derby before and that will help.
For me 1. Seville, 2. Masked Marvel, 3. Treasure Beach.

Gonna have to be quick now as running out of time.
210 Epsom.  was running close when i was studying this morning but as I filled in more boxes Caspar Netscher started to run away with it. I backed Misty Conquest to beat it last time out but not sure anything in this up to that standard. Dangers will come from Full Bright, He's So Cool, Norse Gold, and Princess Banu, the last being a great Each way shout, would be great to see Cathy Gannon bring something home in a race liek this. Caspar Netscher

240 Epsom. Premio Loco has this hands down for me, just a clear class above anything in the race, Awzaan and Vesuve are the best of the rest, Rio De La Plata has won group 1's in europe, but never more than a group 3 in England. Mac Love has to be respected at a big price as a Course and Distance winner.

The Rest
EPSOM
140 Gottany O's Couldn't split this one and Tanfeeth but to be honest I'm going to be greedy
315 Confessional
450 Berling
525 Esprit De Midas

DONCASTER
220 Mubtadi
250 Smarty Socks
325 Alkimos

HEXHAM
350 Tri Nations

MUSSELBURGH
205 Mappin Time
235 Alejandro
310 Eternal Heart
340 Racy

Happy Punting, I'm going to have some breakfast with my children then go to work. Tweet ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment