Friday 24 June 2011

Friday 24th June - Horses, Wimbledon and Newmarket Nights

Well here we are again, after 2 days off it's back to work for me today. I'm expecting my boss today so that will disrupt my viewing of Wimbledon. We got 1 winner on the horses yesterday and 3/5 on the tennis so as much as it wasn't a glowing success, it wasn't a greek tragedy either. I shall not go too much into today as time is against me but here are my selections

MARKET RASEN
210 HUCKING HERO took a similar event to this last month but came across a nag who seems to enjoy beating him last time. No Baccaulaureate in the field today and the selection shouldn't have to find any more to win this.

350 The selection here is for OSTLAND. Ostland was a decent hurdler but is 2/2 since being switched up to chasing. Nothing suggests that the handicapper has been cruel for his debut under this code and is taken to beat a field of inconsistent, at best, sorts.

NEWCASTLE
650 My preference is for PIANO marginally over Cracking Lass, the selection is on a rapid rise and should know what this level is about now after having a crack at Warwick last time out, worry is the ground and that basis I'd prefer the latter who will relish any rain and is a positive Each Way play.

725 PERFECT BLOSSOM has been marching up the grades and should now be sharper for a run. Given that last time out can be excused and the ground is no issue I'd expect her to end up in the same place she did on her last and only visit here, the winners enclosure.

NEWMARKET
630 GAMILATI(NAP) is the selection here. Beaten by the fast finishing Regal Realm last time out, yet the one behind him Samitar went on to win the Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot. This should be a penalty kick although we don't know a lot about the newcomers from the Gosden and Hannon yards which may well have something to say. But I'm prepared to Nap Gamilati under Derby winning jockey Barzalona.

805 ANEEDAH is dropped in class here and I think that could be significant. Very inconsistent but on form of her second at Ascot 2 starts ago has a big chance. Winner has since won a Group 3 and Third has taken 2 listed contests. She takes 4lb off her older rivals and I fancy a big run from her tonight. Stable is in great form at the moment.

CHESTER
745 CAPTIVATOR is taken to continue the progress. Drawn well on the rails and with James Fanshawes horses in cracking form. Took to handicapping like a duck to water last time out and will be no surprise to see her up contesting serious money before the end of the season, now that she has found her distance.

815 LAYLAS HERO has been seemingly in freefall since winning a listed event off a mark of 103. The important stat here is that his last win in handincap company came off of 83 and today has found his way down to 82. This is an easier event than he has been contesting, he should handle the ground and Cathy Gannon is bound to give him a strong ride.

CURRAGH
730  The first big race of Irish Derby weekend is going to the punters. FAMOUS NAME has a 50% strike rate on all starts. For a horse at this level that is phenomenal, found 1m3 a bit too far last time but that day was behind the steam engine that is So You Think so the pace would have been high for the trip. Will go off odds on but a chance for the punters to take something aroung 8/11, 4/6 when this one usually gets sent off 1/5 or less.

NEWMARKET NIGHTS
Know a couple of people going tonight and they asked me for tips, so I had a quick look through and this is what I'd have a little time waster on tonight if I was there.
600 Negotiation
630 GAMILATI(NAP)
705 Certral
735 Mokalif
805 ANEEDAH(NB)
840 Ellemujie
910 Lucky Art

TENNIS
Boylesports are my Wimbledon bookie today for my doubles. I think we made a teency weency profit yesterday so that's good, hoping to go a bit better today.
Feliciano Lopez to beat Andy Roddick 27/10
Elena Baltacha to beat Shuai Peng 8/5
Victoria Azarenka to beat Daniela Hantuchova 4/7 (head over heart bet. hope I'm wrong)
Svetlana Kuznetsova to beat Yanina Wickmayer 8/15
Tamira Paszek to beat Francesca Schiavone 11/8

As always these are my selections, if you win I win, if you lose I lose. Have a good day, happy punting.
If you fancy yourself as a tipster then join the league at OLBG, click the link above. And if you. have a minute to spare and fancy a look at any of the links, feel free it keeps the tips coming at no cost.
Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment