Monday 20 June 2011

Tuesday 21st June - The 705 @ Newton Abbott

A complete blank yesterday, Brynfa Boy stayed on to be a game third after finding bother round the first bend, and Buxfizz was just not up for the task last night. My Tennis was even weaker with 3/3 selections that played yesterday going down in a blaze of glory, 2 of them in straight sets. I'm going to leave Wimbledon alone today and have a crack at te second round when everyone has played a game. I've just picked 1 selection today - hence the name of the blog - the 705 at Newton Abbott. A 5 runner Novice Chase and it is by far the best race on offer today!

We might as well have a little look at all the runners :
Wakeboard - The drop in trip shouldn't hinder too much but the double penatly for his 2 wins over 2m4 within the last 6 weeks  just might. AP McCoy is an interesting jockey booking with a 50% strike rate when riding for this trainer.

Al Qeddaff - Will want to make the running, like wakeboard struggled when last in this grade but another Jockey/Trainer combo that sees a few winning posts. Will be tested if anything contests for the lead but if allowed own way has a massive chance.

RIO GAEL - The selection has won at this level and has a 50% strike rate over this trip, has put in some big runs at higher grades and that experience should see him work these out, at 5/1 the clear value in the race.

Bermuda Boy - Has form on good to soft which makes him a major player today. Been consistent over hurdles, the only hamper for this one is that it is his first test over fences.

Tarkari - Was a top class hurdler but never really took to chasing on his debut, given another chance on softer ground, which should suit, and by no means no chance. A live outsider with the evident ability to spoil the party.

With the Tote jackpot pool at about 650,000 in the rollover, it should surpass £1,000,000 quite easily today, I though it might be fun to offer up a little perm for you. I'd like to advise that I'm not going to put this on myself, I just thought I'd see how close I'd get. I may well find a bridge if I get it right, but we'll see.
The jackpot is at Newbury tonight and the 540 is an arab race so does not count for tote purposes.
race 1 : 7 - 8
race 2 : 10 - 13
race 3 : 1 - 3
race 4 : 11 - 12
race 5 : 1 - 6
race 6 : 1 - 5

Good luck, happy punting and unless my picks come in for the jackpot I'll see you in the morning. Remember the best way to get my thoughts through the day is to follow me on twitter @GSPCCOYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment