Wednesday 22 June 2011

Wednesday 22nd June

Good Morning all,
 yesterdays solo assault on Newton Abbott didn't pay off as Rio Gael just didn't fancy a run, it happens. Today I've got 2 each ways at Salisbury, 2 winners at Worcester,  and some outrageous doubles for the tennis. We've drawn a blank 2 days in a row, but don't panic, the blog still sits at 10.33points profit.
Shall we get straight to it.

SALISBURY
350 My first selection is a little out there. It just caught my eye, bottom weight of those inside the official handicap, distance winner, and best run since that win came on soft ground. No form, direct or indirect versus any of these so no fears in the race. In a very open contest where you can make a case for a lot of inconsistent types I think it's worth having a stab at LINNENS STAR. Victor Chandler is kindly offering 16/1 at present and I shall have to take him up on his offer.

420 Another each way chance, another bottom weight, and another that should handle the cut in the ground. Clive Cox and Luke Morris team up aboard SLIGHT ADVANTAGE. Massively up in class but was third in a maiden behind Blue Bunting. Soft Ground form reads 21 so every chance of a place here. Bet 365 are the offer here at 20/1

WORCESTER
400 KANGAROO COURT is the selection here but I also like Great Mates each way. The selection is dropped down to this grade for the first time since winning in it, before going on a run of cup events. Will like the ground as long as it stays firm-ish. 6/1 readily available, win is the bet.

430 SUNDAY CITY(NAP) is taken to bring this home. Up seven pounds for a win at Aintree LTO but main danger Perfect Reward has an eight pound hike to contend with. A versatile performer in all codes on all grounds this should be taken to follow up for in form trainer Peter Bowen.

Onto the tennis:
I've looked at the womens draw and picked out some crazy bets. Well not so much crazy, more well priced. I shall combine 5 ladies in 10 doubles and Blue Square have the best average prices using Oddschecker.com's accumulator creator.
Petra Martic to beat Tsvetana Pironkova 13/8 - Pironkova is the bottom seed and had little resistance from the french qualifier she disposed of in the first round. Whereas Martic came thorugh a very tricky encounter with Wimbledon ever present Vania King. Martic will be more battle ready and is taken as the value in the tie.
Elena Vesnina to beat Vera Zvonareva 10/3 - I think Vesnina is a fair price here, Alison Riske pushed Zvonareva hard and Vesnina is a far better player than her. This one should go to 3 sets and nerves will pay, there is a lot of pressure on Zvonareva as last years finalist and I think that showed through at times in the first round.
Pauline Parmentier to beat Ksenia Pervak 6/5 - I'll be honest I don't know a lot about world number 89 Pervak. Well I know she beat number 22 seed Shahia Peer 2-1 in the first round. Pauline Parmentia however destroyed Sorana Cirstea dropping only 3 or 4 games(I think, I don't have the stats in front of me right now). Pervak is favourite because she beat a seed, but Parmentier is higher ranked and we have to rememer that Cirstea was hotly tipped to reach the higher echelons of the womens game only a couple of years ago.
Alexandra Dulgheru to beat Svetlana Kuznetsova 3/1 - Kuznetsova isn't getting any younger, and although still inside the top 20, is on the drift. Dulgheru looked very well in disposing of American Jill Craybas in the first round and could well spring the shock today.
Stephanie Dubois to beat Andrea Petkovic 8/1 - This is the wildest of claims but the young french girl made the most of her lucky loser berth by getting rid of Falconi in straight sets. The girl who beat her in qualifying pushed Daniela Hantuchova all the way. I think the french girl has a chance here. She looks up for the challenge and taking advantage of her second chance, she will be by no means a pushover.

Right that'll do for me. A day of watching tennis beckons I think. Hope if you follow me in that we win, but if you don't hopefully I win!
Have a good day, good luck and happy punting.

No comments:

Post a Comment