Monday 6 June 2011

Tuesday 6th June

Sorry I'm late this morning, and it's going to have to be quick at that. Got a week off work now and so far today has been hectic(mainly due to a stroppy 3 year old ruling the roost in my house!) and have lots to do in the garden to prepare for my celebration of 3 decades of life on Saturday. It's absolutely hammering down in Suffolk to boot, bad times.

Firstly I'm going to give you something across the pond, it's the only one I'm doing in Ireland and I'll tell you why it caught my eye. The 310 Naas is a listed affair, the horse I'm looking at, as a 2yo, finished 1/2 length 2nd to a future Group 3 winner/group 1 runner up(Treasure Beach), 2 lengths second to Racing Post Trophy winner Casamento, has improved every run and finally broke his duck on the 12th May. Dermot Weld and Pat Smullen team up and I think Cannon Hill is a real live contender in this race, the favourite Glor Na Mara has ability somewhere but if anyone could tell me when he last truly convinced I would be grateful. The 10/1 available in places has to be snapped up. Another overpriced animal in the race is Banna Boirche at 16's with Boylesports, expect him to put in a big run back in Ireland and on a winning trip.

Now I really have to hurry, so we'll say Cannon Hill is our NAP of the day for good measure as I think the price is massive, Joe C is only offering up 7's!

345 Newton Abbott
Can't see past the top 3 in the market here, Big Robert owes me money as have backed him many times, the favorite Lava Lamp is under an inexperienced Jockey who has never been to Newton Abbott before, (he may have been to watch but not ridden!) so I tkae a preference for Nicky Henderson's Joker Choker to take the spoils here. Course and Distance winner 12 days ago and todays Jockey has taken him over the line twice before.

730 Pontefract
This is still giving me a headache as I write, 7 runners and in my book 5 of them could take this. Say goodbye to Louis the Pious and Breezolini, and you have the 5. I'm going to go with the progressive King Ferdinand, in essence it's been put up that a 4lb hike may seem harsh for beating a 72 rated horse by a neck 12 days ago, however the horse had no room at 1 furlong when asked to make an effort, the jockey had to switch him left and he responded getting home to win, in my eyes the handicapper has got it right or a bit short, I'm hoping short, and there was also a 96 rated horse 6 lengths back in the race. Also trainer Andrew Balding going pretty well at the moment.

330 Folkestone
a 5 Horse race that to me looks a penalty kick for Shostakovich, Welsh Inlet could be the value for the forecast but expect the main scrap to come for second.

715 Windsor
Course and Distance winner Urban Space looks the one for me in this, I think he will enjoy the cut in the ground more than the rest, Hayley Turner is a terrific jockey and she will know when to produce the horse, he may do well trying to make the pace but that probably won't happen, two good looking runs at big prices should be followed up with a win here, but a couple of others that may outrun their prices are Edgeworth and Meglio Ancora.

Right no more time I have to get on so I'll just chuck in mt selections and hope for the best
745 Windsor - Style and Panche (very close race though and last minute choice over Perfect Pastime)
245 Newton Abbott - Rajnagan (but expect Baccalaureate to run a big race)
315 Newton Abbott - Isle of Inishmore (a penalty kick for my favorite jockey)
445 Newton Abbott - Caheerloch (1of 2 course and distance winners and generally goes well fresh)
700 Pontefract - Dan Buoy (another greed selection, couldn't choose between Wells Lyrical, Hollins and this
800 Pontefract - Watercourse
430 Folkestone - Musashi
415 Newton Abbott - Temple Place
400 Folkestone - Wild Desert
900 Pontefract - Hinton Admiral

Sorry it was a bit sharp today, Happy Punting and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment