Friday 17 June 2011

Friday 17th June - Royal Ascot Day 4

Well Brown Panther saved face last night with a tremendous victory, a couple of decent places (Dorcas Lane 10/1, Opinion Poll 16/1, and Cai Shen 20/1) kept our heads above water. Today I think the bookies could be running for cover, they got smashed to pieces yesterday with the F&G gamble and I think we will see a couple of jollies firing home again today. I have picked selections for Royal Ascot and Newmarket(as I shall be there tonight) plus a couple elsewhere, I'm going to have to keep my reasoning short as I need to get ready for work!

ROYAL ASCOT
230 Jim Bolger's filly TEOLANE looks a class sort in this. She easily won a listed event last time out and the comfort of that win suggests she will handle this little step up quite comfortably. Lily's Angel makes appeal with some good form in the book, and Switcher from the Tom Dascombe yard has to make appeal given the form of the stable over the last couple of days, Micheal Owen tweeted that any rain will aid the cause.

305 NATHANIEL'S head defeat in the Chester Vase looks tremendous form given that the winner stepped up to finish second in the Derby, This race is knowhere near the class of the Derby and Nathaniel should take this in his sleep. There are a few that make appeal in behind, Glens Diamond and Alexander Pope up in class and trip, and Genius Beast and World Domination if last time runs can be forgiven.

345 I have Memory and I Love Me in my TenToFollow so hope they win, Memory owes me a lot of money and I'm not prepared to dip my toe in today just incase her stall issues haven't been rectified (remember Sariska-it happens) Theyskens Theaory is one i backed last time she won and was very impressive that day, In a miracle that the sun comes out and dries up the ground then More Than Real makes appeal with good form in the book but she needs better ground. The winner will be an Irish horse, I really like Claimh Solais tipped her up for a big run in the Irish 1000 guineas and she delivered in a close 4th, but I think the winner will be TOGETHER, I gave her a solid write up for the 1000 guineas which she'd have won for me but for Frankie diving up the line and mugging me, then I fancied her for the Irish 1000 but gave Misty for Me as the Danger, guess what happened. It's third time lucky for Together today, the race should be run at a strong pace and that will suit.

425 I'm going to let the bookies have this one, obviously the favourite Green Destiny makes appeal having been scratched from the Hunt Cup in favour of today, Godolphin's lost in the moment makes big appeal with soft ground form and Mickael Barzalona on board, but I'm going for SHAMALI. Has form against some very good horses, unsure as to how he will handle the going but he won a listed event at Kempton on the Polytrack so has versatility. The booking of Ryan Moore speaks volumes of his chances and with Ladbrokes going 14/1 is a massive each way chance, Stan James only 8/1.

500 I gave Eternal Heart as a danger yesterday but he was pulled out and placed here instead, that obvously gives him a chance but the preference is for stablemate Namibian. Had to give away 16lb to the former last time they met and on level terms today. Even said my selection is for REGENT STREET from Aidan O'Brien, the irish horses have started coming into their own now the rain has come, and I can see the bookies running for cover again.

535 Just one bold selection here for MANASSAS. Has been knocking on the door of late, has put in a couple of big runs on ground softer than good and has every chance of a big run at a big price.

NEWMARKET
The going at the moment is Good to Firm, Firm in places. The weather forecast is rain all afternoon until late in the evening, I fear I am going to get very wet tonight but if I can make a few pounds in the process perhaps I'll be able to buy a towel!
I've tried to pick them with form on slower ground, I can't go into it because I'm seriously running out of time so I'll just give my selections. I will be tweeting anything that catches my eye from the track tonight.
600 Ilie Nastase
630 King Kurt
705 Elite
735 Cinta
810 Masked Dance
840 Buglers Dream
910 Rylee Mooch

Others
Redcar 400 - Piazza San Pietro
Goodwood 755 - Plato
Limerick 710 - Bob Le Beau

Good Luck and Happy Punting.

No comments:

Post a Comment