Tuesday 28 June 2011

Wednesday 29th June - The Drought is over?

At about 7:46pm last night after 51 and a half hours, Life of a Luso crossed the line at Stratford for my first winner since Gatepost late Sunday afternoon. How I breathed a sigh of relief. Surely I couldn't go 2 days without a winner. Over the short time I have been writing this blog and sharing my tips, the format has changed and been tweaked a number of times to get the best value and return. I was in the belief that I had cracked it during a lengthy run of either winning or skimming the post, so to go 2 whole days without a winner was earthshattering, now I'm sure Templegate, Newsboy, Pricewise all have barren spells, and they are all far better judges than me. But it still hurt. So now fresh from my elation of grabbing a winner I'm up and ready to go again. Fairyhouse will be the source of my entertainment this evening with some "top class" racing on offer. Our tennis yankee from yesterday bagged 2/3 unfortuneatly Pironkova didn't have enough to beat Kvitova. Paszek and Azarenka are to resume today. For the outright Kvitova looks plenty good enough to take this on her march to becoming world number 1 within the next 12 months. She needs to cut the errors out when she's on top. Sharapova will find her out for that, but on the flip Maria struggles, like most players, to deal with left handers. Sharapova took about 14 games to get to grips with 17 year old Laura Robson's style and with all due respect Kvitova is 20 leagues above that level. If I was Sharapova's coach I'd have her spending her free time knocking up with left handers between now and the final, provided that she deals with the monster serve of Lisicki first.

HORSE RACING

PERTH
350 Gordon Elliot's ST KILLIANS RUN seemed to enjoy every inch of the step up in trip last time and is taken to go one better of a similar mark today. The obvious danger is Peter Bowen's Sun Tzu but he has climbed 17lb this month alone and I think the handicapper would love to finally have the measure of him.

CATTERICK
400 A massive price NAP for you here. CAPABLE GUEST looks a staying type on evidence and generally keeps going until the line. He has beaten, and on considerable terms with, a lot of these who reoppose today. I think he is a solid each way chance at worst, but if he is in the mix come the 2 furlong mark then he will outstay the field to bring home a monster price NAP.  Victor Chandler and William Hill both quote 16/1 at present.

WORCESTER
410 CRYSTAL ROCK for Nicky Henderson and AP McCoy is taken to improve on third over C&D when last seen, that day he was beaten by 2 very good and consistent types. Big Robert appeals most as a danger here, with the favourite Suburban Bay being dropped in trip and having a 12lb rise in weight to deal with.

FAIRYHOUSE
700 I'm going to take a chance with CURL CAT here. Needed the run when first seen this year after nearly a year off, second run can also be excused on ground he did not handle. Ground is better today and when on form he was a very consistent sort, regularly in the frame. I take him to get back to form today.

730 CLAIMH SOLAIS is massively overpriced here on classic form. Boylesports are going 9/1 on a filly who finished 4th in the 1000 guineas and Pretty Polly, she takes a weight for age pull and no penalties for her group form as she has narrowly missed out on placings. Obviously Emulous makes appeal having beaten R.Ascot winner Lolly for Dolly last time out, but she concedes a whole stone to the selection.

800 MOUNTAIN PRIDE is taken on value over Buccaneer Bob here, he won a similar event over distance with similar ground at Leopardstown last time out, a race in which the second has gone on to win a better event.

830 This is a horrible, nasty race. Nothing has form that says Pick me, Pick me. I'm going with VIA DEL CORSO, he has form and weight over some that he has opposed before and on that alone I make a tentative selection.

900 Another tricky one, I'm taking KASTANIA narrowly over Sam Lord's Castle. If this race was at the Curragh I'd call it the other way round. I think the John Oxx charge just has a little more to offer and with Johnny Murtagh, a more considerable jockey booking. If they both go off odds against and I have a little to play with, I may well back them both.


TENNIS

Another little Yankee, this time on the boys.

Mardy Fish to beat Rafael Nadal - If Fish produces the game he produced to beat Berdych in the last round then he would stretch a fully fit Nadal. Doubts are there over Nadals fitness and given the niggels Del Potro gave him a nasty runaround in an epic clash on Monday night.

Andy Murray to beat Feliciano Lopez - I have Lopez in my antepost book as he was massively overpriced at treble figure odds. I just think Murray looks different this year. He looks more intelligent for starters, he's not winning a point with a drop shot then trying that shot 15 times in the next 20 rallies. He coped with the backhand of Gasquet by mixing up his game. I predict Lopez to push him all the way but I think Murray just has something about him where he could get beat in the final this year rather than the semis!

Roger Federer to beat Jo-Wilfred Tsonga - Federer is a different class. That's it.

Bernard Tomic to beat Novak Djokovic - The "surprise package" of this years Wimbledon. (inverted commas are for the fact he pushed Lleyton Hewitt to 5 sets as a 16 year old) Tomic has absolutely blown everyone he has met out of the water. The guy has a massive serve and has beaten Malisse, Soderling and Davydenko in straight sets, all big scalps at Wimbledon. I've been waiting for Novak to falter since his winning run ended and I think this could be the shock of the tournament.

That's it for today. Hope you all have a good day.
Good Luck and Happy Punting

Profit yesterday -£3.00 Rolling 7 Day profit £5.80 Profit for month June £15.38
All profit is calculated to a £1 level stake - winnings exclusive of stake
Remember all my tips are free and will remain so, if you wish to support me for my time, you can do so by joining The Online Betting guide (a free tipping competion) via the link at the top of the page, or by clicking on any of the ads. All ads are provided and verified by Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment