Wednesday 15 June 2011

Wednesday 15th June

Hopefully everyone had a great day yesterday, I called Tom Quealley as the only jockey who knew how to beat Frankel and he almost managed it. There was certainly favour for horses running on from a high draw in the big fields yesterday and with no real going change that should help narrow the fields a bit today. Well the blog picked up 68p profit per pound. Pushing June up to £9.25 per pound. Power has been cut to 12's for the 2000 guineas and the way he stayed surely accentuated my tip from yesterday. Shall we disect Tom Quealley's run, not really, that will be done all day (or at least until 230) by plenty more knowledgable persons than myself, my view is that the pacemaker was supposed to run the legs off the field so Frankel didn't have to, everyone else was wise to the plan so ran their own race, Rerouted got away by the bend, Quealley panicked and sent Frankel early. Simple as that. Right onto today.

230 We start with a very tricky looking Jersey stakes, most of these are handicappers stepped up to Group racing. I think we have to look for experience on a stage like this, and I'm actually going to make my final selection when I've written it! Strong Suit knows how to win here having taken the Coventry last year, he then placed in the Group 1 Phoenix Stakes at the Curragh. Only been seen once where he limped home behind the monster Frankel in the Greenham. He may well have needed the run but I worry that he hasn't won since this meeting last year and horses are creatures of habit, they like winning and the more they don't the harder it is. Splashpoint was the impressive winner of the Arab 2000 guineas although needed the extra furlong to reverse the form with 1 from the prior month and back down to 7 may prove a bit sharp at this grade. Codemaster was a decent winner last time out in listed company, but that form hasn't really been franked as yet and doubts on the step up in class. Fury, much was made of his 5th in the guineas but on that day a lot of horses had given up and it was open for anything to stay on for minor prize money, I called it last time out on 26th May when he was beaten by Tazahum and nothing suggests he will take this. I'm ready, my selection for this is HAVANE SMOKER. A game second in the french 2000 guineas from a poor draw, can go one better here today and connections say he is primed for the race.

305 The Windsor Forest and I'm going for a shock here, the straight mile makes the draw important. Frankie gave Sajjhaa a terrific ride when he jumped the field up the rail in the middleton when second to Midday, for me she's drawn the wrong side of the track for repeated tactics, right next to her is Lolly for Dolly, I like Lolly for Dolly, she is a game horse but has struggled to put her head in front a couple of times now, I'm not going to back her but would be happy if she won, won drawn well that could win is Newmarket Dahlia stakes winner I'm a dreamer. Will Buick takes the ride again here after getting a great tune out of her at Newmarket and watching that race and the straight course races here yesterday there are similarities that suggest she will go well. My selection is ANNA SALAI the godolphin "second string", this is by no means a pacemaker, in a race where finding the right run will be critical there is no better jockey than the young man Barzalona. He does as he's told and he does it well. Theres a chance she could be on the far side rail by herself and if she does that then for me she wins. Mickael will dive for the best ground and stay there. Skybet are offering 18/1 and they will be getting mine.

345 I love Twice Over, I don't think he is the best horse in the race, and I don't think he can go with the monster that is SO YOU THINK. Could be an interesting race as Debussy seems to be a pacemaker for Rewilding but if you ask me I think Jan Vermeer is a pacemaker for the selection. Joseph O'Brien hasn't ridden the horse before and who wouldn't want a group 1 winner as a pacemaker? The selection won 10L on Irish debut over this trip and looked hugely impressive, another 5 length win over 1m3 next time showed his class. The favourite should take this quite comfortably for me with Godolphin's Rewilding the main danger.

425 Ouch, my head hurts, I'll keep this simple, pick what you like make sure it's in stall 15 or above and get on each way with a bookies paying 5 or more places and enjoy the race. I have Start right antepost but not drawn quite well enough for me to go in again today. The 2 I like that are drawn well and potentially well off with the handicapper are Dance and Dance for Ryan Moore and the selection, another favourite of mine, KAY GEE BE for Paul Hanaghan.

500 Shumoos looks to have the angle for most of the press and bookies here. But I'm going to take another stab at a Wesley Ward sprinter, he isn't going back to America empty handed and has a great chance here, GYPSY ROBIN looks to have pace in abundance and is drawn well. Will look to make all and if he gets a jump on the field then why not?

535 I don't really know a lot about many of these fillies. The best bare form and experience looks to be Humdrum for her Maj, also Luca Cumani's Dubai Queen looks to have a chance also but I'm going to side with SWEETIE TIME for Micheal Bell and Hayler Turner. Has been shaping as if she wants a mile or maybe even further definately an Each way play in a very tricky race.

I'll also be backing Thirteen Shivers in the 820 Ripon and Majy D'Auteuil in 435 Worcester.

Hope everyone has a great day, good luck and happy punting. Working this morning but then will be sta comfortably on my sofa watching the racing this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment