Wednesday 22 June 2011

Golf - The Travellers Championship

The Travellers championship will be played at the TPC River Highlands Course, I thought I'd share my limited golf knowledge with you all. Not a tournament for the tiny stakes punter this, I'm afraid. The TPC River course finds itself outside the 30 most difficult courses on the tour. I like to look for how somebody is going to win this and the pivotal holes are the par 5's and the drivable par 4. That took me to thinking well surely the best players of par 5's will be up there with a shot. So that's my system.
My 4 main selections will be
Hunter Mahan widely available at 14/1
Bubba Watson widely available at 20/1
Webb Simpson available at 28/1
JB Holmes 50/1 in places
These 4 are right up there with the best par 5 players on the tour and should relish this course.
Some bookmakers offer a First Round Leader market. I will take Sky Bets 66/1 on Spencer Levin. Spencer can often find himself up the board after Day 1 before generally throwing it away all by himself throughout the remainder. Spencer may not have featured as regularly lately but is a great par 5 player and has every chance of a good start tomorrow.
One that should outplay a treble figure price is Chris Couch. We have seen Chris feature on leaderboards a few times this season and I fancy taking on Coral's 10/1 that he finds himself in the top 10 come Sunday night.
A little bit of fun, take Sky bet's 11/10 that there will be a hole in one. There have been 6 at this course since 2004 so it happens more than not, and with the possibilty of a hole in one on the par 4 15th (296 yards) with an accurate and somewhat lucky 300 yard drive the odds are firmly in the punters favour.
Enjoy the golf and as usual good luck and happy punting.

No comments:

Post a Comment