Wednesday 8 June 2011

Wednesday 8th June

Well hopefully the early bird catches the worm this morning but I'm not so sure. I have tentatively picked apart a few tricky looking races and am still unsure post-commital if I have it right. I would endeavour people not to jump in too hard today. A little loss to SP yesterday but at advised prices we turned a slight profit and each way backers will have enjoyed Yeoman Spirit 2nd at advised 12's (SP 7's).
Friday 3rd June - £4.30 to £1 level stake
Saturday 4th June - £4.50 to £1 level stake
Sunday 5th June - -£5.07 to £1 level stake
Monday 6th June - £4.95 to £1 level stake
Tuesday 7th June - -£1.47 to £1 level stake
current total for June £7.21 to £1 level stake.

Shall we begin?

YARMOUTH
340 Just the one selection at Yarmouth today. A few that make appeal in this but one that is in terrific form is C&D winner Collect Art (NB). Not finished out of the frame in 10 runs since February. A Progressive sort with youth on his side, still looks well treated as last win came in an apprentice race. the selection to take the spoils and Magical Speedfit to provide a challenge.

HAYDOCK
220 Preference in this is for Udabaa. Ran well last time out at Ascot and could have gone better if finding room, that was a much stiffer affair than this and he is dropped back to 10f. Dahaam provides a lively threat at a decent price and Richard Hills on board the selection may put a few off but I've made my choice and I'm sticking with it.

320 This is a race where I'm still very undecided.I've got 3 written down and I've gone for the favourite and may edge in each way on the other 2 just to be sure. My selection is Kitty Wells. Ran reasonably well off a break last time out over C&D, only beaten by the impressive Plaisterer, and was a game winner over this distance at the end of last year with todays jockey on board. The 2 that make each way appeal for me are Porgy (8/1 365) and Classic Vintage (14/1 3 places).

420 Georgebernardshaw has to be respected at a big price with connections going well but the selection in this is One Scoop or Two. Last race form has been franked by the winner following up and the second (they dead heated) also following up with a win. Not penalised for that second in what now looks a good race and can follow up here.

HAMILTON
600 An amateur riders handicap, and in these events a lot of the time you have to look at the jockey more than the horse. The jockey in form is Miss Serena Brotherton and I see no reason why she can't continue her good run on Hambleton.

730 Another tricky race. I'm taking it on with Jobe (NAP). Up in class and under a penalty but broke a long losing run last time out and that will have filled the horse with no end of confidence, the obvious danger is Karaka Jack but a less obvious one who could go well is Desert Icon at a big price.

900 In another tricky affair, I'm going to take another stab at the pairing of Jim Goldie and Danny Tudhope. A disappointing effort withLet's face facts yesterday but we all have off days and they are still the pick pairing on form. Botham.

KEMPTON
715 Should be a 2 horse race between Speightowns Kid and Mosaicist. The former has a 6lb penalty to overcome and therefore I'll side with the selection.

745 An interesting 3yo handicap with a few lightly raced sorts. I'm going to side with the Gosden/Buick pairing on Antartic. The selection makes most appeal to me. Ran well to hold a win last time out just 19 days ago and should be fired up and ready to go from a yard in form.

915 I'm going with Spa's Dancer to take this in what looks a very open affair, however, you'll know your fate early doors. The horse has shown a tendancy to idle on the break and unless he's up with the pace early he will not do well. He's well drawn today and Seb Sanders takes the ride and will do his utmost to get this nag in front early. I say if he leads at the bend he wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment