Sunday 5 June 2011

Sunday 5th June

Well I've been reduced to studying French racing, granted there is 5 group races and to be honest with you I didn't study very hard, just picked out some that I thought I might like. Since my return from Galway both my blogs have produced a profit.
3rd June : 4 winners 8/1  4/1  5/2  4/5   £4.30 profit to £1 level stake
4th June : 3 winners 9/1  11/2  3/1        £4.50 profit to £1 level stake

so where to start today? I'll quickly give you my Chantilly selections
130 Avongrove
208 Bubble Chic
250 Perfect Tribute
325 Poet
400 Prohibit
Remember though I really haven't studied that hard!

PERTH
230 This should be a walkover for Priors Gold, the horse ticks all the boxes. Not going to be anywhere near a working mans price but could stick in multiples for a small bonus, if betting without the favourite or forecasts, should be between Tap Night and Think Green. Slight prefence for the former as Think Green has had chances before. The favourite will be the class act and it should be a question of how far he wins.

300 This was my NAP on the day of the Royal Wedding at it duly obliged at 13/2 over Course and Distance. He then came out and won gamely at Kelso last time out. I couldn't give you a second as very close behind but for me Peachey Moment to secure a hattrick.

330 Hopefully a quick double for Graham Lee as he is aboard Regent's Secret. He has won here over hurdles and fences and just seems to enjoy it. Technically down in class from his run 5-6 weeks ago. Graham Lee gets a tune out of horses, the dangers could be Definate All STar, Spirit Calling or Scotch Warrior.

400 In a race full of very inconsisent sorts I'm going to side with Lucinda Russells Morning Time. The horse looks well handicapped and has shown glimmers of ability in stronger races than this. I make the dangers Agricultural, Parsons Punch or Solway Blue.

430 The best race of the day. This will take some picking of the winner. I'll start by removing Newbay Prop and Big Burrows with the latter having struggled to finish a race recently let alone win one and the former looks a bit out of depth. I'm singing the blues concedes a lot of weight all round, he has won of 2lb higher albeit in January 2009 seems to be a serial loser lately. Selection Box was a C&D winner by a long way last time out but the rise of 1lb only suggests that was a very poor race. Harry Flashman was comfortably turned over by Badger Foot last time out and makes no appeal to return the favour. Sonny Mullen has chances but going for a rising hattrick after winning Class 4, Class 3 now trying class 2, Jason Maguire the Grand National winning jockey will already have a winner on the cards with Priors Gold so will be up for this. Garleton is a horse that knows how to win, my worry is that the handicapper looks to have him beat now, on 136 today after winning off 128 although the higest he has run off was 130 and he struggled to get home. The 3 main contenders are Storymaker who can often run a big race at a big price and is well in the weights, Badger foot won well last time at Kelso on his first run for Lucinda Russell and should go well again, but I'm going for Logans Run. The horse seems to enjoy winning at Hexham in May (write that down for next year) but has course form at Perth and I'm a sucker for anything in the colours of the great Inglis Drever!

500 Another close one here, I'm going to give Chino Valdes the nod over Quito De Tresor and Sure Josie Sure. The selection won very well at Cork a week or so ago and by the way he came away to win looks like there is more in the tank. This one will provide Gordon Elliot and Jason Maguire with their doubles after they look to go close early on.

WORCESTER

245 I have this down as a 2 horse race King Kasypa and Louis Ludwig. Peter Bowen is in terrific form at the moment and this one looked well before tripping up last time out, he's had a break and now thrown in for a win. Beware this a conditional jockeys event so the jockey can make a difference and on that note don't write off Washango for a big each way , he has course form and the best jock in the race.

315 I'll keep this easy, I looked at who was in the race last night and made my choice, then I got up and studied this morning and the same horse came out on top. Mickmacmagoole.

345 Ran well when held up to score at Huntingdon, a similar ride should come today and if you want any jock to pick his moment to deliver the horse you aren't going to look much further the AP McCoy, AP and Nicky Henderson have a great record when teaming up and this is another for them and me. Dubau Crest.

Have a good day happy punting.

I won't be counting the french racing in my profit levels as unless i get bored i won't actually bet on it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment